• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not the usual "Which Laminator" question...

47CP

We use a ton of colored magnetic material and another propietary material, both of which are a base material with regular vinyl laminated on top. We have a good source for the magnetic, but certain colors are special order and require 4-6 rolls to be purchased at once, and other colors are subject to huge color shifts from roll to roll. Because of the items we make from this material, consistant color from batch to batch is fairly important.

So, what kind of laminator would I need to suitably laminate Oracal 651 on top of either 24 inch magnetic or 30 inch material (similar to sandblast mask) a full roll at a time (50' magnetic, 75' other)?

I want to see if it would make more financial sense to make in house, but I don't even know what kind of machine to search for. :)

Thanks in advance,

DaveW

MikePro

ummm, any laminator.
check out the new Seal laminator, which now comes with a take-up roller so you won't have to hand-wind up the rolls when you've laminated your materials together.'

also, did you ever think about simply printing these graphics? WAY less stock & wasted time/materials required....

47CP

Which seal model has the take up? I couldn't seem to find it on their website.

To clarify, I definitely need something that rolls it back up so we have a complete roll of colored material when done.

My concern, since I obviously know very little about laminators, is one that is heavy duty enough to handle the heavy rolls of magnetic and fairly easy to operate. I would say, on average, we use 10-12 rolls of material per month (not many to a big print shop, I am sure)

Thanks,

DaveW