• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Notebook

p3

Looking into getting a notebook instead of using a desktop. I was just wondering if you guys had any input. Not really wanting to go with a mac, although I know that is what would be ideal. I'm looking to run all my programs from it. Flexi, Photoshop cs3, Illustrator CS4, Corel, Dreamweaver, Flash and pretty much anything graphics or web related. Don't really have a price range, but not looking to lop off my right arm, and trading in a kidney.

Thanks!

I just ordered a HP laptop to be used for Flexi, Photoshop and other graphic and web software. It will not be my main computer but should be more than capable to handle everything. The specs are listed below, as listed it cost $1130.

HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC
• Espresso Black
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
• FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
• Webcam Only
• Wireless-G Card
• No TV Tuner w/remote control
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• No Modem
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

p3

Have you gotten it yet and used it? If so, pretty happy with it? My mom has a gateway, and its alright, just the load times on everything seem super slow for how much ram it has..

Sticky Signs

Get a mac, get a mac, get a mac. It's the only way to go. I'm using a white 13" mac book. I use it for all my design, editing and general computer stuff like email, internet etc. I have a dedicated PC to run my RIP. Yeah I know, you don't want to learn how to use a Mac but it's really not that hard or different from a PC. Trust me, you'll never go back to crappy windows again.

choucove

I would highly suggest going on and getting some of the expert opinions on the notebook for your needs from Notebook Review. They have assisted me and several other of my friends in picking out the best laptop from every possible place in the entire market. Plus, you can find reviews and information from the owners of possible purchases for answers to any of your questions.

I've also been searching pretty intently on a new laptop lately with plenty of performance. My top choice has been the HP Envy 15 but it is very expensive and lacking some connectivity that I desire. Another option is the Dell Precision series, and of course some top performers of the ASUS notebooks such as the N81.