• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Notes In ILLY

curtrnev

Using CS3 is there a way to add notes to a project or file? Other than typing it in the project itself or in the title of the file.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I put my notes on a separate layer that I keep turned off until I need to refer to it. It's how I keep track of my fonts that I've changed to outlines...

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You can go to

FILE > FILE INFO. and then type in your notes there...

Or...

On a Mac, you can select the file on your desk top, hit COMMAND+"I" and type in information on the SPOTLIGHT COMMENTS window... I'm pretty sure windows has the same capability.

curtrnev

Thanks guy's for the input, I am kind of rethinking some of my steps in the way I do things. I had a hard drive crash and am rebuilding things thanks to backups but am noticing how I should be doing things differently.

phototec

Back-up all work files

Thanks guy's for the input, I am kind of rethinking some of my steps in the way I do things. I had a hard drive crash and am rebuilding things thanks to backups but am noticing how I should be doing things differently.

Loosing a hard drive is no fun, it is very important to always back-up all work files. I use a external USB 1.5 TB hard drive, plug her into the computer, then let it copy everything off the work drive, (all applications are on another drive), then after all work files are backed-up, I remove the external and place it in a fire proof safe I purchased at Harbor Freight, I do the back-up once a week.