• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nothing like a clean shop!

CanuckSigns

Decided to give the shop a clean before we break for the holidays. There is something very cathartic about getting rid of clutter, we've only been at this location for 2 years and there was already so much c**p we didn't use or need!

Merry Christmas everyone, Hopefully you all get spend it with the ones you love

Attachments

• clean shop web.jpg
    clean shop web.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 104

SignManiac

We're doing the same. Cleaning, changing bad light ballast and bulbs. Organizing odds and ends betters. Want to start off the new year fresh and running!

tattoo.dan

Heck yeah, we are finishing up last minute orders and then starting the same thing here. We have been in this building going on 3 years and it is packed full. Time to unload some stuff and organize! Looks good!

gabagoo

I was thinking about re rolling the floor in the back shop white again over the holidays...Looks sort of grey with bits of vinyl stuck everywhere.

Speedsterbeast

Just did the same. Looks great!
Also started new thread of finished shop.
But here's another shameless plug of my clean and finished shop

Attachments

• Shop 4.jpg
    Shop 4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 138

Jimsee

We're not doing cleaning, but packing soon. Will be moving to a new shop!
For those who have your floor treatment. What color did you go with? Was it epoxy coated or just concrete floor paint?

I am looking to paint the floor white, but 9 out of 10 people say no because it gets dirty easily. However, that is my point, I want the team to clean the floor often. Secondly, will the reflection of white floor be very uncomfortable especially when you have pot lights hanging above?

We are kind of confirm to go with concrete floor paint instead of epoxy. It seems very expensive to go epoxy for a 2,450sqft floor. Any suggestions?

Speedsterbeast

Yes, that guitar would look better on the green wall, but I plan to swap between the steel and my Martin which is light wood.
And for the floor questions, I got my product from Legacy Industrial coatings.
Cost was about $2,000 by the time it was all finished- for 1200 square feet. But it cleans up easily and is a joy to see every day I come to work.
And customers love it.

gabagoo

We're not doing cleaning, but packing soon. Will be moving to a new shop!
For those who have your floor treatment. What color did you go with? Was it epoxy coated or just concrete floor paint?

I am looking to paint the floor white, but 9 out of 10 people say no because it gets dirty easily. However, that is my point, I want the team to clean the floor often. Secondly, will the reflection of white floor be very uncomfortable especially when you have pot lights hanging above?

We are kind of confirm to go with concrete floor paint instead of epoxy. It seems very expensive to go epoxy for a 2,450sqft floor. Any suggestions?

I think the proper way to do a floor is to do some form of acid etching first which helps the paint stick better. I have no time or patience for that so we basically bought an epoxy garage floor paint from Lowes. 2 coats and it looks great and really helps me with reflecting light better while working on vehicles. The bad news is that yes it sure does get dirty and the weight of vehicles causes it to lift off on the treads slowly over time.
I still like it better than a drab grey concrete floor.

Jimsee

I think the proper way to do a floor is to do some form of acid etching first which helps the paint stick better. I have no time or patience for that so we basically bought an epoxy garage floor paint from Lowes. 2 coats and it looks great and really helps me with reflecting light better while working on vehicles. The bad news is that yes it sure does get dirty and the weight of vehicles causes it to lift off on the treads slowly over time.
I still like it better than a drab grey concrete floor.

How long have your coat of epoxy paint last you until you want to repaint it now?
We don't do much car wrap, but since we will have the space now, we MIGHT, but I might get G-Floor for the car wrap bay, maybe like a 8x18 size.
I am guessing it should last quite good if the rest of the area is only walking and table/cart on wheels?