• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Novajet 880 HEEELLLP!!!

mbssigns

I’m starting up my sign business after taking a few years off and I’m having trouble with my Novajet 880. This has been a great machine and I just can’t afford a new printer at the moment.
I’m getting the dreaded “Carriage Axis Failure” and believe I have traced it down to the Encoder Strip, it looks like the plastic is separating or something. I’ve tried ordering Chinese made Encoder Strips off of ebay and they have been the wrong length. This last one I got is about 5 inches too long and the numbers along the strip don’t line up. I don’t know much about this and wonder if I can trim the access off the end.
I tried to attach a couple pictures but it's not letting me.
I hope someone knows about this, I’m getting desperate.

mbssigns

Also...

I also just noticed that the part number is different on the new strip they sent me that's about 5 inches too long. The original strip is part# 214383, and the one I was sent is 214838, so I'm gonna assume that it is not going to work and to just keep trying to get the correct part.
If these photos post correctly, you should be able to see that it looks like bubbling in the plastic of my original encoder strip. If anyone thinks that this would not cause the error feel free to give me your opinion.

Thanks

attachment.php

attachment.php

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I’m starting up my sign business after taking a few years off and I’m having trouble with my Novajet 880. This has been a great machine and I just can’t afford a new printer at the moment.
I’m getting the dreaded “Carriage Axis Failure” and believe I have traced it down to the Encoder Strip, it looks like the plastic is separating or something. I’ve tried ordering Chinese made Encoder Strips off of ebay and they have been the wrong length. This last one I got is about 5 inches too long and the numbers along the strip don’t line up. I don’t know much about this and wonder if I can trim the access off the end.
I tried to attach a couple pictures but it's not letting me.
I hope someone knows about this, I’m getting desperate.

Wow that's a dinosaur of a machine, your going to go crazy trying to find what you need. It would be best to outsource your work and then go get a newer model machine, used would probably be the best bet for you at this point. You can get a used latex machine for under $6k I'm sure.

mbssigns

OUCH my pride! Thank you for your opinions. I've just got so much money tied up into my novajet that I feel sick when I think about it being done. As much as I hate to admit it... I'm gonna call this one. My distributor is willing to give me a killer deal on an HP Latex 360. I haven't had any hands on with one of these but it looks pretty sweet.