Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now I'm the New Guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by John Yucca, Nov 5, 2005.

1. John Yucca

John Yucca New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    I've been cutting signs and decals for a few years now but only as a hobby, mostly for myself and mostly just for fun. I've gotten paid a couple times but don't actively try to get paying jobs.

I started with a Roland PC-60 that I used at work in a corrosion control facility for Marine Corps Aircraft. I got pretty good at it and lots of people wanted lots of favors. I got conflicted using a government sign machine for favors and some people suggested paying. That was plain wrong so I bought myself a little Roland Stika SX-12 and could do most everything and didn't mind charging people for my vinyl and a little lunch money.

I haven't done much for a couple years and now I just bought a Roland GX-24. I use CorelDraw 10 with CoCut Pro, and Illustrator 9 under windows and just bought Illustrator CS2 for my mac to my chagrin Roland doesn't yet have a CutStudio plugin and there isn't a driver for mac to do direct output.

I have to work on a Win XP machine which annoys me to no end but it seems the vinyl world is wrapped around Windows. No problem.

I've got a huge interest in a stand alone sign program which is how I found this joint. I've been playing with Signgo and I tried a demo version of VinylMaster Pro which I did not like at all.

Well, as you can see I talk too much. Hope to share and contribute around here.

John

Tags:
  2. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Welcome.

If you are wanting to get some sign software, you probably noticed the nice buy in too get with the big boys (Flexi, SignLab). Have you looked at Inspire XP Pro? Here is a link to their site. Its the old version of Inspire that Scanvec used to sell, it doesn't have the cutting edges options that Flexi has, but I think its better than VMP.

3. Bradster941

Bradster941 Verboten

Sep 5, 2005
    :Welcome: from Florida John.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Welcome John!

5. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Hi John......welcome from Seattle

6. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome from Michigan, vinyl cutting is no fun unless you port graphics between 2 or 3 programs

7. rockongraphix

rockongraphix Member

Mar 17, 2005
    :Welcome: 2 :signs101: john

michael
    rockongraphix
    new haven ct

8. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Welcome John from PA

9. slappy

slappy Very Active Member