• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now that's a tat!

CheapVehicleWrap

Not fond of tats, but this one is SO not cheap.

Attachments

• 419923_351690691542247_100001039584763_1085646_1397481642_n.jpg
    419923_351690691542247_100001039584763_1085646_1397481642_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 79

JoshLoring

That's insane! Now I need a third sitting for details on mine.. I rock the nerd circuit board. Oh ya!

Attachments

• image-1791324816.png
    image-1791324816.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 56
Having been a tattoo artist of 20 years, I can honestly say that even though that tattoo is very realistic and nicely executed I personally wouldn't want to wear it. I can think of 100 better things to do with a full sleeve. This tattoo has zero flow whatsoever and is visually very confusing from a distance. If I can't read the tattoo just from looking at the thumbnail image, it has way too much going on. What a waste of flesh.

RobbyMac

Man I was so hoping for a little 'mr. cool ice'. I could've used a chuckle.
Nice work...

How many others here (besides myself) thought about going into tattoo work as a youngster?

Man I was so hoping for a little 'mr. cool ice'. I could've used a chuckle.
Nice work...

How many others here (besides myself) thought about going into tattoo work as a youngster?

Tattooing is a very fun rewarding career. I would have stuck with it myself and never got into the sign business but I have essential tremor in my drawing hand now so I had to find another line of work. Oddly, though, having been out of it for almost two years now, I don't entirely miss it. Dealing with customers can be a huge pain in the ***. At least most people don't want stupid signs. Unfortunately, most everybody wants stupid tattoos...because something 'different' always translates into something dumb, ridiculous, or just plain weird. And everybody likes ten lbs. of s**t stuffed into a five lb. bag because you know...a portrait of dear old dad reflecting into a lake, next to a rock, with a wolf howling at the moon, and a tree, with an owl perched on one branch (because mom likes them), and a ten word expression to go with it would look cool...right? And can you make it about the size of the palm of my hand? What a bunch of crap.

I now really enjoy sign making much more than I enjoyed tattooing for several reasons, but mostly because it's something new and exciting and I no longer have to deal with idiots. Most people that are in business for themselves are easier to deal with than a pack of loud, half lit, menopausal, middle aged women that want matching foot tattoos.

RobbyMac

Well said... I can cuss and scream to my hearts content while bustling away at the computer. I don't know if I'd be able to handle having the customer right there the entire time I was working!

Anyone following this on tv?
http://www.spike.com/shows/ink-master
One of the guys did something similar a few weeks back

wayne k
guam usa

I've been keeping up with it and I gotta say if Shawn doesn't win I will be blown away. But then I have to wonder how mister "Two right feet" got this far. These guys are competing for the title of Ink Master? You've got to be kidding me. None of these guys excel in various styles of tattooing from what I can see, with the possible exception of Shawn. That's disappointing since that's kinda the point.

showcase 66

Not sure if this one is actually real but if it is. Holy Crap is that shading and detail awesome. It really looks like it is almost carved into his arm.

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 60

Erikka@Rainier

Not sure if this one is actually real but if it is. Holy Crap is that shading and detail awesome. It really looks like it is almost carved into his arm.

It is real but it was confirmed on Reddit that the photo has had some sharpening in Photoshop. I saw the unedited version and it was still amazing.

I'm a big fan of tattoo's and have a lot myself. I'm still hoping to get a printing or cmyk themed tattoo one day but haven't come up with a good idea for one yet.