• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now this was funny, no matter who you are........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Was having a great Saturday, getting odds & ends stuff done around the house and errands at various places, picking this up and that and it got to be around 5:30 and my wife asked what I wanted her to make for supper when we got home ?? I said, rather than you work at something, let's get some take-out Chinese ?? Okay she said. So we went to a place we go to alot and went in and ordered. The girl said something like tweely minoes. So, we got back in the truck and ran another quick errand and came back. I went inside and here comes the funny part.............

There was some, I believe Iranian or middle eastern guy, trying to talk to this girl behind the counter. Neither could speak English at all, but I guess she didn't speak Arabic and he didn't speak Chinese. Talk about a communication problem....... and it sounded like a cat fight while they both yelled an gestured back and forth. Finally she read off what she thought he said and he started shaking his head as it was still wrong. He even pointed at the menu and she couldn't understand how many he wanted. After almost 10 minutes of this show, someone came out from the back and helped me. Well, that put an end to the Heckle & Jeckle show, but I had so much fun listening and watching this hilarious comedy.... live.
Sometimes, good entertainment is just in front of you and not always on television. :ROFLMAO:

thewood

"Now this was funny, no matter who you are..."

Any time I hear this phrase I know that I am about to hear a story whose humor most definitely hinges on "who you are". For example, I doubt the two folks you witnessed found any humor in the situation.

It's kind of like when someone says, "No offense". You can guarantee that they are about to say something offensive.

Or when someone says, "To be honest with you" they are gonna tell a whopper.

Not picking on you Gino--I've just always found that statement to be silly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"Now this was funny, no matter who you are..."

Any time I hear this phrase I know that I am about to hear a story whose humor most definitely hinges on "who you are". For example, I doubt the two folks you witnessed found any humor in the situation.
I wasn't looking or concerned for their feelings, just mine, being the observer.

It's kind of like when someone says, "No offense". You can guarantee that they are about to say something offensive.
This one goes without saying, that's why they say, no offense first... to prepare you.

Or when someone says, "To be honest with you" they are gonna tell a whopper.
Does this one mean... everything prior was already a lie and now you're gonna start telling the truth ??

Not picking on you Gino--I've just always found that statement to be silly.
It is what it is... and I found it to be quite hilarious watching these two go back & forth and not getting anywhere.

Comedy is like beauty... it's in the eye of the beholder........ I really try to find the humor in things today, because of the turmoil and rapid pace world we're living in, it's quite satisfying watching two people not communicating because they both refuse to give in.

They were so busy howling and hissing at each other, that nothing weans getting accomplished. This is what makes comedy.

Ever watch a boxing match and for 10 or 12 rounds they pulvarize each other and say mean and nasty things to each other and when it's all over and both are bleeding, swollen and half outta their mind from getting hit all 'bout the head and are a little punch crazy, they hug and kiss each other afterwards ??

Is that funny or do you think that's a silly observation, also ??

I'm not picking on you, either. It's a phrase.... just that you have to love the language, since we don't a word for...... sorry for finding this funny at your expense, but my seams are splitting at your misfortune.

Last edited:

thewood

It's a phrase.... just that you have to love the language, since we don't a word for...... sorry for finding this funny at your expense, but my seams are splitting at your misfortune.

There actually is a word for that--Schadenfreude.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Gino. That phrase is just a pet peeve of mine. I actually had a conversation about it last week with an employee.

SD&F

I find that it's the litlle things in life like this that make me smile inside as well.
You can't help but get a little pleasure at the entertainment that is presented.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Most all humor, with the notable exception of the pun, shudder, is based on something unpleasant, usually involving a biological impossibility, happening to someone else. Observing a couple of beings attempting to communicate, unsuccessfully of course, has all the makings of hilarity for the casual observer.

There is nothing, at least nothing yet discovered, in the universe that cannot, or worse shouldn't, be laughed at. If someone might be offended, they have chosen to be so. Their choice, they get to deal with it. Why should anyone be expected to alter their behavior to accommodate someone else's choices?