• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle Check and Print Test coming out weird

PURVEYOR

I'm in the process of fixing up an old RJ6000 that has been converted to ecosolvent. I've got it to the point where I'm doing some preliminary test prints....

When I do a nozzle check I'm getting what looks like: M, C, K(overtop Y), LC, LM.

When I do a test print... all that is printing is M and Y no C or K.

have no idea what to do next to try and fix.

Haven't even got to the point of hooking up a RIP, I'm just doing test prints right off the printer.

any suggestions?

PURVEYOR

here's the nozzle check. I know its not aligned, I'm not there yet. Just trying to get it printing properly.

where the black is, there is yellow firing underneath. so it would seem all inks are firing.... but this doesn't look right to me.

Attachments

• nozzlecheck022312.jpg
    nozzlecheck022312.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:

randya

Looks like you need to align the K head electronically.

Should be a few posts around here to describe that.

PURVEYOR

I had a breakthrough night tonight.... I'm burning the candle at both ends trying to get this printer up and running (on my off-hours late night).... but I have made some great progress.
I now have 'close to' perfectly aligned heads, and my test prints and nozzle checks are coming out pretty crisp.

I'm crossing my fingers that I could possibly be printing jobs as soon as next week.

I have to work out the RIP situation. The printer i bought looked like it came with a RIP... they included a massive old desktop PC that has flexi 8 on it... but when I booted it up, it made me install it again... now it's running as a "demo version" which is kind of unfortunate but something I'll have to deal with.

overall... very productive night. now I must sleep.

soypaul

Cmykyk unselect

You have in your mutoh menu, the option to use cmykyk channels, change that to no.
Problem solved