• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle drop outs on Falcon Outdoor

graceman

Nozzles tend to drop from full to to almost none within few hours on certain color channels (C, Lm, Lc). New heads, dampers (double reseated & retightened nuts to make sure there is no air leak).
Ink level in dampers is correct - halfway full. No air bubbles in ink lines. All the oem carts with the same level of ink (new). Pump lines are clean & pump is working properly. Home position is ok.
I have also swapped the dampers with another new ones & visually checked head nipples for any cracks.

Everything is fine even during print whole day but when i come in next morning and switch the printer on - many nozzle are gone.
Just one cleaning cycle and i'm ready to go again.
The most interesting is that leaving the plotter overnight on means it does NOT occur !

You may say i have found myself a solution but i really wish to save power supply's life - it gets quite warm even when the printer is idle.
I have searched this great board all way thru but i have not found such an issue. I am a bit lost now - maybe RandyA could point out where to go...

graceman

Probably there is not good seal in caping station.

Well, might be, but why is it happening only when the printer is off? If i leave it on during the day or overnight all nozzles are there.

Question for electric gurus: Is there 42V voltage on the heads even when the ones are parked in home position?