• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle Wash problem

mustafade

Hello All,

I am trying to do a nozzle wash but when I fill it with liquid to do the wash I can see the liquid is running into the waste bottle. Is this mean my pump is gone bad?

If you have experience this before what was the fix for it?

Thanks in advance...

Vinylman

Not necessarily! I would suggest that you try going through another cycle to clean your head. This might cause your head pump to cycle through and park the head so that the drain tubes under the docking station is NOT OPEN to the drain bottle. Sometimes this will allow the docking station to take cleaning solution without the fluid draining straight through to the bottle. It is only supposed to drain AFTER the cleaning cycle NOT during it.

mustafade

Not necessarily! I would suggest that you try going through another cycle to clean your head. This might cause your head pump to cycle through and park the head so that the drain tubes under the docking station is NOT OPEN to the drain bottle. Sometimes this will allow the docking station to take cleaning solution without the fluid draining straight through to the bottle. It is only supposed to drain AFTER the cleaning cycle NOT during it.
I actually did the wash twice. On JV33, once you place the machine on nozzle wash mode it takes you to wiper blade clean and then asks you to fill the the caping station with wash liquid this is a manual process you really have to watch the capping station while you are pushing the button to fill it with washing liquid once the liquid tops off then you push the button to enter how many minutes you want washing cycle to be.

As I stated earlier while I was filling the capping station with washing fluid I could see it was draining into the waste bottle. In fact, the fluid should have stayed in the capping station for the wash cycle.
That what makes me question my pump being expired or not because I never seen this problem before. There are clear tubes that go into the pump, if there is air leak into the pump that will allow fluid to run instead of keeping it air tight so it stays where it is.

Please advise.

Thanks for your response.

Vinylman

I actually did the wash twice. On JV33, once you place the machine on nozzle wash mode it takes you to wiper blade clean and then asks you to fill the the caping station with wash liquid this is a manual process you really have to watch the capping station while you are pushing the button to fill it with washing liquid once the liquid tops off then you push the button to enter how many minutes you want washing cycle to be.

As I stated earlier while I was filling the capping station with washing fluid I could see it was draining into the waste bottle. In fact, the fluid should have stayed in the capping station for the wash cycle.
That what makes me question my pump being expired or not because I never seen this problem before. There are clear tubes that go into the pump, if there is air leak into the pump that will allow fluid to run instead of keeping it air tight so it stays where it is.

Please advise.

Thanks for your response.

I also have a JV33, and it is appreciated that you let us know what machine you are working on. This helps us assist you in diagnosing your situation.

Have you verified that the pump gears rotate as normal, thus assuring that the pump is working?

I am not completely sure, but I believe that there is a test you can perform in the "SERVICE MODE" that will allow you to "test" the operation of the pump. I don't have access to my machine tonight, but would be happy to try to verify that with you tomorrow morning. Get back to this thread with your comments. Have a good evening.:smile:

mustafade

I also have a JV33, and it is appreciated that you let us know what machine you are working on. This helps us assist you in diagnosing your situation.

Have you verified that the pump gears rotate as normal, thus assuring that the pump is working?

I am not completely sure, but I believe that there is a test you can perform in the "SERVICE MODE" that will allow you to "test" the operation of the pump. I don't have access to my machine tonight, but would be happy to try to verify that with you tomorrow morning. Get back to this thread with your comments. Have a good evening.:smile:
Hello Again,

Yes, I was referring to JV33, sorry about the confusion.
It appears that the pump gears are rotating. My concern is, there might be slight malfunction going on with the pump therefore it is no longer capable of keeping it tightly so that it drains the fluid.

Thanks again :)

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you remove the access cover on the back of the machine, you can manually rotate the pump gears until they "click" into the tube pinching position.
Then you can fill the caps and park the head over there.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you remove the access cover on the back of the machine, you can manually rotate the pump gears until they "click" into the tube pinching position.
Then you can fill the caps and park the head over there.

This is a JV33..... the pump is accessed from the front and is just under the capping station.

I'd suspect the pump is about gone if it has more than a few years on it.