• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle wash results

chartle

Here are my results of a test draw on my JV33-130

The bottom shows what it look like before a nozzle wash the top after.

First I know there is one drop out marked with a green rectangle also ignore some of the other blemishes which are from I guess dirty rollers parked on the material. Also all the bars look the same its just the scanner I used.

Its the purple area that I'm wondering about on the bottom (pre wash) the black seems to encroach into the yellow nozzle area. After a 5 min wash( above test) its almost gone. Wondering what it could be and if its a problem how much its going to cost and is it worth it on a 7 year old semi lightly used machine.

ETA: I hope you can see the issue.

Last edited:

Alan Menhennet

Hi, it looks like it could be your wiper that is not lined up correctly with the head... Or problems with your capping station. Neither expensive to fix

chartle

Hi, it looks like it could be your wiper that is not lined up correctly with the head... Or problems with your capping station. Neither expensive to fix

Well I just did replace my capping station after never being told I should be. And also replaced and continue to replace and clean the wiper. For the wiper I take one off after a time and switch it with one thats I soak in cleaner.

Oh so I don't need a head change and therefore can't make a case to get a new printer. :cool:

Alan Menhennet

Just make sure that your wiper is lined up with the head, meaning that when it wipes accross the head it doesnt miss a part of the head