• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle wash

Awards+

So I do a nozzle wash everything other day and this morning I noticed a problem. When I apply the liquid it usually puddles in that color but the black is just running through. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

genericname

Either a leaky line, or a busted pump.

If you're in a bind, and just need to do a nozzle wash before you can diagnose, clamp off the lines after turning off the printer, drop in some cleaning solution, and park the heads. Unclamp when you're done, and power up.

Awards+

The cleaner runs through pretty fast so I would guess the pump. This is on the black head and it's printing fine so I hate to mess anything up but I don't' want to dry out a head. What would you recommend doing and were is the location of the pumps?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On a JV3, behind the back panel behind the left roll support. It's a smaller panel. On a JV33 behind the front panel under the capping station.

genericname

The cleaner runs through pretty fast so I would guess the pump. This is on the black head and it's printing fine so I hate to mess anything up but I don't' want to dry out a head. What would you recommend doing and were is the location of the pumps?

If you're uncomfortable with getting your hands dirty, or making regular adjustments, just straight up replace the pump. Otherwise, I'd open up the black side of the pump, replace the busted rubber gates, and slap it back in.

As Sightline said, it should be on the back, though I do have a JV3 here that has the pumps in the JV33's position. Move your left-most roll holder to the right, past the panel split, loosen the screws on the front of the panel near the top, and those that hold it on the bottom, and just pull the panel off. The pumps will be on the left.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On the pumps, I was meaning on a JV3 they are accessed from a panel on the rear of the machine. On the JV33 they are behind a panel on the front of the machine. On both, they are essentially under the capping station area. The JV3 has two pumps, the JV33 has one. In my experience with at least a half dozen aftermarket pumps, none will last as long as an oem pump. Worth the extra money for a genuine Mimaki one in my opinion.

gabagoo

I had that on my yellow cap about 4 months ago...sometimes the liquid would stay and other times it would suck down...I eventually changed the pump and working fine now

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
The older JV3S(3 heads) has the pump on top at the front, the others are where what has been said.
Definetly a pump or pump line problem if it runs away when you are in nozzlewash mode, as the pumps reverse and block off so it can hold the liquid in the cap
Tekkie1:wink: