• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

nozzles clogged?

mtrider

Hey All,
we have a VJ 1614,... after some recent dark printing, i noticed that the black was printing real greenish, and bad banding... nozzle check reveals multiple missing areas... it was fine a week or so ago?? i've tried a couple strong head soaks, followed by strong cleanings...no improvements... i replaced the maintenance station about a year ago, and now it seems as though that the waste tube on the black side is clogged... i put some cleaning fluid down the maintenance station, but it doesnt seem to be getting unclogged...i have to get some more cleaning fluid in the morning, but was wondering what the next plan of action should be ... should i run a cleaning cart thru the black? should this be part of the weekly( or monthly) maintenance?.. also should i replace the dampers? never have... machine is 3 years old, has been cleaned weekly , and never has shown any problems, minor headstrikes, but it has always recovered.. also during my search on here, i read something about a head charge... any info on that?.. i have jobs backing up, and hoping i can fix this without it hurting too bad??? i will post a nozzle check in the morning... Thanks in advance!!

heyskull

This pump lines blocking is a common occurrence and needs rectified quickly or else what is blocked now end up permanent.
I have found that the pump will block up with ease if a little cleaning fluid isn't poured into the capping station weekly.

DO NOT put the cleaning cartridges in as they are the biggest way to waste a lot of money.
Cleaning cartridges are only really for storing the printer away.

You will have to unblock your pump and lines in your case
There is a double pipe connector which connects the capping station lines to the pump inlet. This blocks as the diameter of the pipe is reduced poke it clear with a sharp needle and clean in cleaning fluid.
On the pump outlet lines squeeze them to feel for any solidified ink and then squeeze this blockage out. I have found this to come out like inky pencil lead!
I then reconnect and fill the capping station with cleaning fluid. I then connect a syringe and try to draw some cleaning fluid through the lines.
Then I run a head clean and watch the lines to observe if their is ink flowing through them by disconnecting the lines and empty into a small container.
Repeat the above procedure until ink is being pulled through on both lines.
This should clear most the blockages on your head.

Hope this helps

SC

CRD

Had a equal problem with a RH38.

Noticed that while the machine was cleaning the waste line were not filled with ink to the waste bottle. From the capping station I removed the exit tubes and put a syringe on it. Not air could go through. No cleanfluid either. So I took a very thin metal pin and pushed it carefullt through it. I had to use force but finally a large piece pulp was pushed through to the end of the tube. Then cleaned it over again with the cleaning fluid and more pulp to come out. Now the tubes sounded as if the air was going through freely. Also performed an airpush to the capping station to unblock that side. Was blocked too! With a little of cleaning fluid in the end that part was free of blocks too.
Installed the tubes again and the purge of the head was magically perfect. Even normally black blocked nozzles came alive again!

Maybe someone can use it.

Paco