• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzles out on different head heights - cjv30-100

StayStuck

I have a CJV30-100 and have noticed that if I have my head height set to low and do a test print that only 1 of my black nozzles shows up as blocked. When I set it to high, repeat the test print I now have many more blocked and deflected nozzles. This doesn't sound right to me.

I usually run the head height on high as the low setting is too low, much lower then my jv33 set to low and in the past this caused a nasty strike which ripped apart the head protector. On the high setting it sits about the same height off the vinyl as my jv33 set to low and I am not going to take another chance. Any thoughts as to why I would be getting different test prints from the different heights?

inkmed

The print different because the media different.
You have to adjust the head high when you use different media.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That does not explain why his nozzle print test would have more jets out on high than when on low. That does not make any sense to me. Only thing I can think is maybe on high the head is not sealing properly on the capping station causing it to lose its prime.

J Hill Designs

maybe they are only slightly deflected - on low setting they still shoot to the right spot, but on high, the ink travels further in the direction of the deflection..