• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Numbering labels

charlie62

Don't know if any of you had to do this before, but this is how I do it quickly & easily.
I use Corel Draw & Excell.

METHOD:
  1. Open the artwork in Corel Draw. Work on the full printable width of your media and create a lay out of as many labels as will fit and as many strips as you prefer.
  2. Number the first and the last label so you can see where the numbers should be.
  3. In Excell create columns of as many numbers as there are stickers per strip and then enough columns as you may need
  4. Use the correct type and size font.
  5. There is a quick way to do sequencial numbers in Excell - fill in the first 3 cells and then drag as far as necessary - this works vertically and horizontally.
  6. I found that, in order to get the numbers right, I have to make the first column in Excell one number more than necessary and then start column 2 with the same number that I ended with in column 1. When dragging horizontally, only select until the second last number in column 1 in order not to repeat any numbers.
  7. Copy the columns & paste in Corel Draw: edit + paste special + rich text format + maintain fonts and formatting + table outline : none
  8. Resize the pasted table to the same size as the area you are going to print.
  9. Copy/cut and paste over the artwork on page 1 of the Corel Draw document.
  10. Move the table until the first number fits exactly over the one inserted in step 2. Make sure the last number also fits the number on the last lable. Resize slightly if necessary. Delete the numbers you inserted in step 2. Export the file to your printer.
  11. The next set of numbers to be printed is easier - repeat step 7, resize to the exact size as the first table you've already done, paste and align with the first table.
  12. Delete the first table and export the labels with the new set of numbers to the printer.

lazaros

Don't know if any of you had to do this before, but this is how I do it quickly & easily.
I use Corel Draw & Excell.

METHOD:
  1. Open the artwork in Corel Draw. Work on the full printable width of your media and create a lay out of as many labels as will fit and as many strips as you prefer.
  2. Number the first and the last label so you can see where the numbers should be.
  3. In Excell create columns of as many numbers as there are stickers per strip and then enough columns as you may need
  4. Use the correct type and size font.
  5. There is a quick way to do sequencial numbers in Excell - fill in the first 3 cells and then drag as far as necessary - this works vertically and horizontally.
  6. I found that, in order to get the numbers right, I have to make the first column in Excell one number more than necessary and then start column 2 with the same number that I ended with in column 1. When dragging horizontally, only select until the second last number in column 1 in order not to repeat any numbers.
  7. Copy the columns & paste in Corel Draw: edit + paste special + rich text format + maintain fonts and formatting + table outline : none
  8. Resize the pasted table to the same size as the area you are going to print.
  9. Copy/cut and paste over the artwork on page 1 of the Corel Draw document.
  10. Move the table until the first number fits exactly over the one inserted in step 2. Make sure the last number also fits the number on the last lable. Resize slightly if necessary. Delete the numbers you inserted in step 2. Export the file to your printer.
  11. The next set of numbers to be printed is easier - repeat step 7, resize to the exact size as the first table you've already done, paste and align with the first table.
  12. Delete the first table and export the labels with the new set of numbers to the printer.

Why not use the print merge feature in corel? i find it simpler...
You can find it under the "File" menu...

CanuckSigns

Yeah print merge in Corel is pretty good, if you are just doing sequential numbers, you can eliminate excel completly.