• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

O.215 dull finish

Vinyldog

Something happened today that has never happened. I broke open a new roll of Oracal 215 Laminate and was not pleased with the finish. Looks more like satin than gloss. I have a roll of 210 with better gloss. I did double check the box to make sure it's G and the box does not look old at all.

It's usable, I don't intend to return it, but surprising.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
If you can spare a few minutes, please give our tech support team a call. Using the lot number, they can help you determine if the box was labeled incorrectly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

888-672-2251 - ask for Tim or Dean.

Vinyldog

dullness

I've been in contact with Dean. Here is the photo I sent him. The shiny area to the left is a piece of O.210 Gloss. It may not appear that the area to the right of it is laminated, but if you look closely you can see a faint line that is the top of the sample of O.215G from the roll in question.
It has set overnight with no change. The situation is constant as far as I have unrolled the material which is about twenty four feet.

Attachments

• 215sample.jpg
    215sample.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Vinyldog

Oracal verified that this lot numb. was gloss and was not simply put in the wrong box. They picked up the roll last week, but have not responded with what the problem was.I did also get a call from the supplier US Cutter. Looking back it would have been better to discuss the problem with them first I think.