• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

O.K. Now What?

S

Sign-Man Signs

Since I up graded my XP to Vista so that my NEW Flexi would work I have gone down hill in a hurry with my profiles. To make it short, I put the Mutoh Outdoor Jr 38 back on Xp. Still same thing, mixed colors. So I did a head wash, re filled, waited 30 minutes as manual says and all I get on a print or nozzle check is the shades of Magenta. Any ideas?

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
  • color test.jpg
    color test.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 128
S

Sign-Man Signs

New everything. Dampeners all filled with correct color no contamination I can see. Didn't have this problem until I installed up-grade to Flexi 8.6 to make Vista work.

Graphics2u

If you're running a nozzle check from the printer control panel your computer doesn't even need to be hooked up to it. so What could the operating system have to do with it? Have you tried printing solid blocks of C M Y K with color correction turned off? What happens then?

The image that you posted is not the Nozzle Check from the unit's control panel. Does that Nozzle Check print correctly (repeated small blocks of CMYK across the width of the media), or not (please post image if possible)?

Bob

S

Sign-Man Signs

o.k.
1. Didn't start having this problem until we started using Vista and up grade to Flexi 8.6.
2. Can't really scan a 28 inch nozzle check for ya'll to see, but color swatch is same.
3. Yes ran a color swatch pattern like thumbnail, result was what the other thumbnail looks like.
4. I know you don't have to have printer connected to computer to run any utility program.
5. Yes I have ran cmyk w/o color correction. Same thing.

MacDaddy

So, just so I understand... If you print a Check Nozzle Pattern it shows NO Cross-Contamination?

If this is the case that proves it has nothing to do with software...

Do all the ink cartridges have the correct colors in them? Seen this before...

Are the Pads on the Capping Assy swelled up? This can cause Cross-Contamination...

Give more more information?

Last edited:

Graphics2u

2. Can't really scan a 28 inch nozzle check for ya'll to see, but color swatch is same.
Can you run a nozzle check and scan a section of it?
4. I know you don't have to have printer connected to computer to run any utility program.
What I meant was if it is messed up running a nozzle check from from the control panel on the printer it doesn't have anything to do with software. So you might as well stop looking at it like a software problem.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Let me rephrase the question. Has anyone here experienced a problem like mine after installing Vista and Flexi 8.6? If so, I'd like to hear from you. If not, thanks for reading. Attached thumbnail is a small piece of my nozzle check.

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 108

Jackpine

You are only printing magenta. If you have let the printer sit a while I would soak the heads for 10 min (lint free cloth soak with cleaning solution) or so and do a regular cleaning and then a nozzle check. Just a thought. Keep us posted.

Bradster941

Let me rephrase the question. Has anyone here experienced a problem like mine after installing Vista and Flexi 8.6? If so, I'd like to hear from you. If not, thanks for reading. Attached thumbnail is a small piece of my nozzle check.

The answer here is NO.

Bummer you don't want to entertain any other possibilities.

The solution is easy, since I just went through the same thing.
(Thanks MacDaddy for helping me out).

But, 'oh well, good luck with your "Vista" problem.

S

Sign-Man Signs

The answer here is NO.

Bummer you don't want to entertain any other possibilities.

The solution is easy, since I just went through the same thing.
(Thanks MacDaddy for helping me out).

But, 'oh well, good luck with your "Vista" problem.

Well gee thanks Brad for the help. You could just tell since me what the fix is since you just went through the same thing but instead you decided to be a smart ass. Maybe MacDaddy will give me the solution. How about it MacDaddy? Bradster punk-ed out on me.
By the way, thanks Jackpine. I'll try it.

MacDaddy

I tried to call you earlier today, No Answer... That has nothing to do with software... Can I call you?

MacDaddy

First things first... Rule out the probability that a cartridge is mis-labeled... With the machine turned off, check each cartridge to ensure they all have the correct color in them... This has been a big issue periodically... You can check this by looking at the point where the needle punctures each cartridge and observing the 'bleedout" of color where the needle punctures each cartridge... Once you have verified all cartridges have the correct colors in them, make sure you have a clean Caping Assy & a clean Wiper... Do a "Ink Charge" to push all the contaminated ink thru the system... If your machine is actually getting a good airtight seal at the Heads and Capping Station this will push all contaminated ink thru the system and into the Waste Bottle... Having said all this, based on the Check Nozzle Pattern, I see the wrong colored ink in some cartridges but I am concerned about the absence of any ink being laid down where other colors should be... Given that this is a 4 Color Junior, the absence of Black concerns me coupled with the absence of Cyan and Yellow... Did the machine run dry on these colors? Did anything happened that could have blown the fuse on the Black Head circuit? Do the "fill" then print a Nozzle Check and we can go from there? I promise, we will get you thru this...

Bradster941

Well gee thanks Brad for the help. You could just tell since me what the fix is since you just went through the same thing but instead you decided to be a smart ass. Maybe MacDaddy will give me the solution. How about it MacDaddy? Bradster punk-ed out on me.
By the way, thanks Jackpine. I'll try it.

Back OFF Jack Ass.

You haven't wanted to listen to what anyone has said, you perfer to ride with blinders on.

And to note, I looked up your location, a bit of a drive for me, about 3 hours one way, but would have gladly cruised up there to see if I could help you out.

Now, all I can say is ((( Go FU$K Yourself )))

S

Sign-Man Signs

Back OFF Jack Ass.

You haven't wanted to listen to what anyone has said, you perfer to ride with blinders on.

And to note, I looked up your location, a bit of a drive for me, about 3 hours one way, but would have gladly cruised up there to see if I could help you out.

Now, all I can say is ((( Go FU$K Yourself )))

I'm an idiot, I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sign-Man Signs

First things first... Rule out the probability that a cartridge is mis-labeled... With the machine turned off, check each cartridge to ensure they all have the correct color in them... This has been a big issue periodically... You can check this by looking at the point where the needle punctures each cartridge and observing the 'bleedout" of color where the needle punctures each cartridge... Once you have verified all cartridges have the correct colors in them, make sure you have a clean Caping Assy & a clean Wiper... Do a "Ink Charge" to push all the contaminated ink thru the system... If your machine is actually getting a good airtight seal at the Heads and Capping Station this will push all contaminated ink thru the system and into the Waste Bottle... Having said all this, based on the Check Nozzle Pattern, I see the wrong colored ink in some cartridges but I am concerned about the absence of any ink being laid down where other colors should be... Given that this is a 4 Color Junior, the absence of Black concerns me coupled with the absence of Cyan and Yellow... Did the machine run dry on these colors? Did anything happened that could have blown the fuse on the Black Head circuit? Do the "fill" then print a Nozzle Check and we can go from there? I promise, we will get you thru this...

Thanks Mac, I'll do what you say and get back with you. And thank you for the help.

:U Rock: