• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

O.m.g.

sar bossier

I dawta fwiend dat can take cawe a dat wittle pwoblem fer ya ...

Attachments

• elmer_fudd_cartoon-5182.jpg
    elmer_fudd_cartoon-5182.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 88

ucmj22

I got this one in a word document they wanted me to print on banner.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-28 at 3.20.16 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-28 at 3.20.16 PM.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 95

Jillbeans

HahahaHahaha
Oh my that's nasty.
But Gino's "designs" are nastier still.
It's really not funny when you think about someone actually thinking that these turds look good. And favoring them over something professionally designed by a professional who really is a professional.

I bid on a job a few weeks back, turned out is was a pan face not a flat face, so I couldn't do the job. But I told the guy I would be happy to do a new logo for him no matter where he got the sign.

The sign is now up, lettered within an inch of its life. One of my deli customers even complained to me about how bad it looks. There are two expensive LED message boards under it, so it was not a cheap sign job. But it is ugly as a hatful of @ssholes. All the money in the world, however, cannot make that sign effective.
Love....Jill

Sharx

Got a laugh from this thread. It's a daily routine around here, I get "professionally designed" files in Power Point, embroidery files, screen captures on a cell phone and yes even Microsoft Paint. Once in a blue moon something is actually usable. Even worse is when they are set on some horrible design and layout they did and it's not even close to proportional to the sign they want...:frustrated:

2B

You mean microsoft office isn't professional design software? :covereyes:

The only MO is good for are for the clients who cant make up their mind on fonts.

Have them type on the wording they want and then see what font they like.

kills 2 birds one store:
1: we don't have to type the info into Corel or AI
2: they get the font they want

DrCAS

It's the 2yr design school kids. Dime a dozen designs.

when i was the lead designer for a large electric sign shop in the Cities, they hired a another designer to pick up some of the load...

I told this brash young man, who had just graduated with his two year degree from The Minneapolis Institute of Art, that there was a book I wanted him to read, Mike Steven's "Mastering Layout", and that I would lend him my second copy.

He looked me right in the face and in all seriousness said to me, "I just graduated from college and i have ALL the education I need, thank you."

LOL! He will go far with that attitude...

Dave Drane

Just typical "nephew art". I have one at the moment for a cafe that would look more at home for a Day spa, but i am getting tired of trying to explain so I just do the Chit because they already payed a "graphic designer" fot it and i don't like offending them. Oh for the old days where you were given a piece of paper with copy on it, and you just went out and painted the frikn sign!!

k.a.s.

The dog van almost made me fall off my chair. I liked how they gave you a tally of the different size dogs.

How do people get customers to pay for this crap???

Kevin