• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Océ 460GT haed isue (im lost!)

growler

Hey fam,

my flatbed is giving me a head-scratching issue.

Magenta is doing something weird, I have replaced the head, the head board and the cable, giving it a clean power supply from a working head and still repeating the same thing!

I am at a complete loss as to what to try next, the voltages and temps are all good, ink supply, pressure, and vacuum all good.

I have attached what Cyan is like, and then for comparison the magenta.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cyan good.jpeg
Magenta bad.jpeg

AlsEU

Swap this M head with another one from the same channel, you'll see if it's a problem with the head (if the problem moves together with the head) or somewhere above - flat cable, board etc.

growler

Update - my ink supplier has contacted me stating that the batch of ink from Canon is bad and they are sending me new ink.

Hopefully, this hasn't caused any lasting issues with my print heads that I have swapped around.

growler

is it possible you have a bad tank of ink though? Did this start on this set of ink or has it happened over multiple tanks of ink?
Well I am only been giving limited info from the suppliers, they asked fro batch and serial # on the inks, told me it was bad and sent new ink.
So best to my knowledge its 1 bag.

The head has never returned to the same detail as before it happened, I just can't get that detail in the halftones and lighter ink areas that I had prior, it's better but I am having to palm off some work to latex machines which is a pain.
I have an insurance claim in to replace the inktrain and the 2 heads that have now been affected which has been accepted, just going through the nitty gritty stuff now.
I now have a compromised ink system that they (suppliers) can not guarantee will cause no ongoing issues. I can't risk that on a printer of this value and this is exactly what materials and hardware damage insurance is for.

Jack Knight1979

I'm glad you're working through this. Flush that ink channel several times before installing new ink and heads. I would suspect that with time the current head would have probably worked through the partial clogging. Since it's being replaced, no need to worry about it.