• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Océ Arizona Tips #4. - 350XT Vac Zone Extend

NorthControl

Hi Guys,

Maybe somebody have 350 XT and interested in extend the vacuum zones.

This is helps you to separate the RIGHT half of the full table.

If you like to print to thick matterials (above 2mm), just close the valve, and not need masking so mutch on the table surface. We printing a lot of 10mm thick boards and this solution helps a lot for us.

IMPORTANT!
You can not use this option to printing thin (under 1-2mm) boards, vinyls, papers, etc., because this type of table sheet is not magnetic and it need to hold by vacuum!

So, you will have 6 zones instead of 3 zones, originally.

Original-Modified.jpg

You need only add 3 more valve. Here is the shematic drawing of the modification.

Zone-Tubes-Shematic.jpg

We used simple water-pipe taps as vacuum valves. Cheap and effective.

Zone-Valves.jpg

also, we used simple water suction tubes as wacuum tubes.

Zone-tubings.jpg

I hope somebody will take a try with this solution. I think it worth it.

Have a nice day, and thanks for read.

GregK

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Hi Guys,

Maybe somebody have 350 XT and interested in extend the vacuum zones.

This is helps you to separate the RIGHT half of the full table.

If you like to print to thick matterials (above 2mm), just close the valve, and not need masking so mutch on the table surface. We printing a lot of 10mm thick boards and this solution helps a lot for us.

IMPORTANT!
You can not use this option to printing thin (under 1-2mm) boards, vinyls, papers, etc., because this type of table sheet is not magnetic and it need to hold by vacuum!

So, you will have 6 zones instead of 3 zones, originally.

Original-Modified.jpg

You need only add 3 more valve. Here is the shematic drawing of the modification.

Zone-Tubes-Shematic.jpg

We used simple water-pipe taps as vacuum valves. Cheap and effective.

Zone-Valves.jpg

also, we used simple water suction tubes as wacuum tubes.

Zone-tubings.jpg

I hope somebody will take a try with this solution. I think it worth it.

Have a nice day, and thanks for read.

GregK
We have an XT and I recently had to vacuum down one half of the table, the exact situation you describe. I may look into making this modification to our machine :)