• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Océ Arizona Tips: Shorted Nozzle check print

NorthControl

Hi Folks,

We are usually printing to narrow rolls. Therefore, our Arizona machines always wanted to use narrow-nozzle-check prints. As you know, these prints have double size, and wasting a lot of matterial... :(

Other case is: the machine printing into the RMO bed directly, what is not a good idea..

To resolve this annoying issue, I edited the original nozzle-check print file (files).

So, we can print a single-line, but perfect nozzle-check into a 1050mm (c.a. 42") wide roll.

If anybody is interested, I can write a post here, how can implement this. And/Or I can give you the files, if you need...

We have the following machines, so These files works on these machines: 350, 550, 480

(The picture: Arizona 550's shorted nozzle check, 42" wide roll)

shorted550_1.jpg

Greg

NorthControl

I will try to give you a solution, but I haven't got 660. If you really want to change your nozzle check to a modified one, you need overwrite some files in OCE folders. (you can restore anytime, if you like)

So, I need to modify your files to take a test on 660. Therefore I need the followings:

1. Please determine your nozzle check type. Print it, and note its factory number. It would be 301010XXXX or similar.

Nozzle_Check350.jpg

2. on the 660's "Application" drive, should be find the proper files.

Here I write the 350 XTW method, for example (based on the picture):
Application\bin\TestImages\350XTW\Nozzle Check.sep
Application\bin\TestImages\SepData\3010109266-F-sep\
(all files need from this folder)

3. send me these files, and I will take a try to modify.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
what?
so you do a test print on the piece of glass? then what? Clean it and do it over again?
If that's what you do, man what a waste of time.

i do a minimum 2 nozzle checks and before that i have a small test print. gets everything firing right up.

=)) a waste of time ...

We do the nozzle check maybe a couple times per day.. And it is just in case to be sure. Usually, the nozzles check looks perfect since the first attempt. You should better to change the ink and forgot about the vacuum cleaner =))

NorthControl

=)) a waste of time ...

We do the nozzle check maybe a couple times per day.. And it is just in case to be sure. Usually, the nozzles check looks perfect since the first attempt. You should better to change the ink and forgot about the vacuum cleaner =))

I must say, you are right. If you have the perfect vacuum settings, and good ink version, you do not need printing checks before every work.

I have another solution for nozzle cleaning what uses less ink than original purge. Also it can be doing under printing, if you need it.

Print to glass is a good idea, but only one time forget to change the carriage height...

Modificate the files is only 5 minutes.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We load up a roll of cheap and very nasty vinyl ($100/50 metres 54" wide) and just use that for our tests.
Takes about a year to get through a whole roll. We also use it for test printing images for quick proofs also.

NorthControl

We load up a roll of cheap and very nasty vinyl ($100/50 metres 54" wide) and just use that for our tests.
Takes about a year to get through a whole roll. We also use it for test printing images for quick proofs also.

Yes, this is good option if you mostly printing on the flatbed, and you have free capacity on roll. One of our machine is also doing this, but we using paper. Later, after the roll is over, is it possible to use the other side.. :)

Also we doing pre-prints with 3 layer full density nozzle tester images.