• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce 350GT Complete Head Failure

superjay5

Hey Guys,

I have a OCE 350GT, have had it for almost 5 years now with very few issues. Which reading around doesn't seem like the norm. Anyways I had one of the Magenta heads completely go out on the machine. Working great one day, now I get zero ink firing from it. It will still purge ink but will not fire during printing.

Is this normal for a head failure? I am still on all my original heads. I would assume they would slowly get clogged and not complete failure. Head was working great one day, nothing now.

I am not in a service program, I am the service guy and unfortunately my company didn't renew my service key. Is there anyways to do some trouble shooting without it to confirm that it is the head?

Thanks for your help

klmiller611

While I have no direct experience to help on a Oce. This happens from time to time on my 6 year old Agfa Anapurna. Head or heads will totally stop firing, they will purge fine, but will not fire on a test. I thought maybe it was a static issue, but I'm now more convinced that it is electrical or a connection issue. What I have to do is shut the thing down, power it off and wait a bit, my time varies between 5 and 20 minutes, then I come back, and restart it, and all is fine.

It is very frustrating. It never did this, of course, while under warranty!

Good luck
Ken

artbot

have those same heads in my printer. occasionally i'll have one of the heads just blank out. if i turn off the printer. give it a while, the head comes back. i used to freak out, but now i'm used to it.

DougWestwood

OCE head death

Hi There,

Yes, I have had a head just up and die. It happened about a month ago
with our FUJI Acuity, which is the same machine as OCE flatbeds, just re-branded.

Runs fine one day, does nozzle check, but totally dead on print.
Having any temp problems with this? Does ink heat up OK?
We noticed that ink temp was way up, but still said "ink warming up".

Wish I had a better answer. Also tried the "turning off" method,
mentioned by ArtBot. No luck.

- Doug
Vancouver

superjay5

Thanks for the info Guys!

I just powered down machine, gonna let it sit for awhile, then check.

I do have the ink coolant pump failing right now, its leaking, but still functioning. I go through one of them a year. I have one on order right now, should see it in a day or two.

It will purge, but will not fire on a nozzle check. Not a single nozzle will fire on the head, its the Magenta head to be exact.

I currently have no warnings. It will still allow me to print, just throws off colors.

I wish I had my service key still, I could move the heads around and maybe rule out other possible issues, but without that key I can't change the Volt Values for each head.

Hoping a restart fixes it!!!!

Anything else, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Nate1n22

I've had this happen with a Magenta and Yellow head a couple times. Both times they had to replace the head.

Side note, did you have to attend the "class" to get your service key? If so do you know much it costs to go, and what the yearly cost for the key is?
I've been wanting to go so I can get the key...

Slimoff

I've had this happen with a Magenta and Yellow head a couple times. Both times they had to replace the head.

Side note, did you have to attend the "class" to get your service key? If so do you know much it costs to go, and what the yearly cost for the key is?
I've been wanting to go so I can get the key...
Not sure about costs, but you have to attend "class" to get key.

DravidDavid

Welcome to the Oce Lemon Club, a prestigious club, now with three people!

While sudden head death can sometimes be cured by a power cycle, it's not always the case. Static likes to ping the heads and flush will eventually erode the seals protecting the electronics above the head if not soaked up with a dry swab after cleaning leading to all sorts of problems such as eventual head death or catastrophic failure of head board. The recent memo from Oce regarding the use of ISO directly on the heads has pretty much solved this issue. But a lot of people are still using the flush.

I have got a handy pro tip for your dongle though. If you roll back the clock on your Oce, you should be able to use your dongle again. Unless that was one design flaw they actually decided to fix on the later 350's. Worth a shot!

Good luck!

Slimoff

Welcome to the Oce Lemon Club, a prestigious club, now with three people!

While sudden head death can sometimes be cured by a power cycle, it's not always the case. Static likes to ping the heads and flush will eventually erode the seals protecting the electronics above the head if not soaked up with a dry swab after cleaning leading to all sorts of problems such as eventual head death or catastrophic failure of head board. The recent memo from Oce regarding the use of ISO directly on the heads has pretty much solved this issue. But a lot of people are still using the flush.

I have got a handy pro tip for your dongle though. If you roll back the clock on your Oce, you should be able to use your dongle again. Unless that was one design flaw they actually decided to fix on the later 350's. Worth a shot!

Good luck!
Thank's for invitation!
They have fixed this clock bug in latest firmware.
but it worth to try.

Deymos1981

Voltage

For change head voltage, without SDS key.
1. Buy the keyboard and connect it to the motherboard Oce.

2. Ctrl + Alt + Del ----- "end task" you are in Widows.
3. in command line enter - regedit
4.Find path "oce / head config and head voltage
5. you must enter 3 !!! value - voltage, waveform, serial number.
6.Run again Calgary platform. Thats all. Good luck.