• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 1280GT with RMO Service contract

kmacabale

Hello all and Happy New Year!

We recently purchased an Oce Arizona 1280GT with RMO brand new from Canon. We have had it for about a year now and it has been working great. We haven’t needed anyone from Canon to come by and service the machine yet. Now that our Warranty has expired they have offered us a service contract for a whopping $1400.00 a month. Since we just purchased the machine I haven’t had much experience with the machine breaking down. I was wondering if you guys could share your experience with problems with this machine. Since I do not have experience fixing this machine would I be better off with a service contract, or find a third party to fix any problems I may have. For $1400.00 a month there is always an option to use that money for a class at Canon to learn the basics for fixing the machine.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

StarSign

It's only a lot of money until your machine breaks down. If you have a good tech to work with there are quite a few things you can repair yourself, with a little guidance. I like the peace of mind that if my machine goes down I will have someone here within 48 hours.

Bly

We have a service contract with Oce and have gotten the benefits for sure.
Mind you our printer is quite old now so things do break occasionally.
I had a tech here for a full day here just before xmas diagnosing a banding issue and I doubt a user would a) have the parts or b) even know what to look for.
You work out the risk factor and how much you depend on having your printer fixed within 24 hours or whatever the service contract terms are.

Hi, we have a 2014, OCE arizona 660XT we bought the service contract for 1 year after the warranty expire. we decided to cancel since we notice is not worth it at all, print heads are not included on the contract this is the most expensive parts of the press you have to pay $5,160 for each print head I believe your machine have same print heads of the 600 series the Toshina CE2, they don't care what type of ink you use or if you have contract ( no discount on print heads ) machine went down a few months ago ( hard drive, main board, and computer ) the total of this was less than $4,000 for all this parts, + $750 labor, this after 1 million square ft printed on the press, most important fact about the press is the operator if you don't have any head scratch or rubbing the heads on the media and you clean your flatbed everyday is rare you have a problem, we swab the head early morning and at the end of day first 100% alcohol and then solvent solutions, keep the print heads clean is a huge factor, if you using oce inks you are losing a lot of money we currently use 3rd party ink for more than a year now with no problem, Original oce inks 256, or 258 cost aprox: $365.00 for 1 liter, we pay $210.00 for 3 litters, not counting adhesion and colors are more rich and vibrant, I will put this $1400 monthly in a saving account in case printer damage you will notice you don't spend all this in one year, I also recommend and this is very important put surge protector UPS, you will save a lot of money in parts and labor since the press will be protected in case of power outage and power spike, a print head and a board was damage before we put the surge protector, you can get it a use with new batteries on ebay for about $2500, is just my opinion everybody works different good luck

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 164

tollerdad

Hi, we have a 2014, OCE arizona 660XT we bought the service contract for 1 year after the warranty expire. we decided to cancel since we notice is not worth it at all, print heads are not included on the contract this is the most expensive parts of the press you have to pay $5,160 for each print head I believe your machine have same print heads of the 600 series the Toshina CE2, they don't care what type of ink you use or if you have contract ( no discount on print heads ) machine went down a few months ago ( hard drive, main board, and computer ) the total of this was less than $4,000 for all this parts, + $750 labor, this after 1 million square ft printed on the press, most important fact about the press is the operator if you don't have any head scratch or rubbing the heads on the media and you clean your flatbed everyday is rare you have a problem, we swab the head early morning and at the end of day first 100% alcohol and then solvent solutions, keep the print heads clean is a huge factor, if you using oce inks you are losing a lot of money we currently use 3rd party ink for more than a year now with no problem, Original oce inks 256, or 258 cost aprox: $365.00 for 1 liter, we pay $210.00 for 3 litters, not counting adhesion and colors are more rich and vibrant, I will put this $1400 monthly in a saving account in case printer damage you will notice you don't spend all this in one year, I also recommend and this is very important put surge protector UPS, you will save a lot of money in parts and labor since the press will be protected in case of power outage and power spike, a print head and a board was damage before we put the surge protector, you can get it a use with new batteries on ebay for about $2500, is just my opinion everybody works different good luck

What 3rd party inks are you using? Also what does this mean" not counting adhesion"? Better adhesion than 256 inks?

Hi we are using Nutec inks, is distributed bu tubelite, Call Ernie or Debbie 407-884-0477, we have now 3 years using it with no issues we have saved towsend of dollars

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
you actually void any warranty with 3rd party inks with oce.