• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions OCE Arizona 1280XT

Caren Hines

Anyone know if you should shut down the flatbed at the end of the day? I was told you should leave it running but, I believe having the fan run all the time burns it out.
Thanks in advance!
Caren

Jack Knight1979

I would assume it's like all wide format printers. It should be left on at all times, but should go into a sleep mode, but remains on for any automated maintenance.

Bly

Leave it on. They do a regular spit from the heads and the white needs to recirculate.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Ours has been on for 7 years... fans are still running fine.
Inks will leak out of the heads overnight if you turn the machine off as the vacuum pump won't be running as well.

Bret R

Leave it on ALWAYS! Only time you turn the Arizona flatbed off is to do technical maintenance not your daily head clean and that but replacing part or something like that

AlsEU

The procedure says, that you have to switch off the lamps, table vacuum and ink heating. That's all for the weekend (and of course overnight).

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Do not leave your brand new printer on. Turn it off overnight!

The reason everyone tells you to keep printers powered on is for the benefit of the ink sub tanks. This is a real problem for Oce/Fuji printers because the tanks are made of PVC and heating up and cooling down day by day may cause seal failure. As a result, the ink system may suffer from air leaks and dripping ink. But this is still a minor issue compared to the possibility that air will get into the ink supply system through the printheads and cause serious nozzle clogging, especially with original OEM ink.

Keep the printer turned off to keep your sub tanks in good working condition.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Leave it On it keeps the inks rotating and maintain temperatures and ink pressure in the printhead.

AlsEU

Leave it On it keeps the inks rotating and maintain temperatures and ink pressure in the printhead.

Small mistake - when the printer is left idle overnight with ink temperature on, after certain time heating is switched off automatically, so inks are cooling, but it's possible to set the time when the heating will be switched on again (i.e. in the morning, before the beginning of the shift).

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Do not leave your brand new printer on. Turn it off overnight!

The reason everyone tells you to keep printers powered on is for the benefit of the ink sub tanks. This is a real problem for Oce/Fuji printers because the tanks are made of PVC and heating up and cooling down day by day may cause seal failure. As a result, the ink system may suffer from air leaks and dripping ink. But this is still a minor issue compared to the possibility that air will get into the ink supply system through the printheads and cause serious nozzle clogging, especially with original OEM ink.

Keep the printer turned off to keep your sub tanks in good working condition.

Really? Seems odd that Oce would suggest otherwise, doesn't it?