• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 318 GL white drop out

Border Press

I have problems running white ink jobs on my Oce Arizona 318 GL. The white ink will all of a sudden stop spraying when the reservoir is being filled and then drop large drops of white onto the flatbed or material. I've replaced ink the filter and bag and one of the hoses. Does anyone have a suggestion?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
How is the little filter on top of the head looking? (connected to the maintenance valve)
When they fill with ink, the heads can drop ink pretty wildly.

Border Press

You mean the white ones sticking out of the top of the carriage? It looks kind of yellow compared to the others, but so does yellow.

Corwin Steeves

Large format printer to the stars
You mean the white ones sticking out of the top of the carriage? It looks kind of yellow compared to the others, but so does yellow.

Definitely, replace that filter. It's easy and cheap to do. But it could be the meniscus vacuum. That would have to be done by Oce. Does it do this on all materials or just one in particular?

Border Press

Definitely, replace that filter. It's easy and cheap to do. But it could be the meniscus vacuum. That would have to be done by Oce. Does it do this on all materials or just one in particular?
No the material doesn't matter. It'll drop on home position after I bleed the ink filter as the reservoir fills. I'll try replacing that filter on top and see what happens. Thank you.

ToTo

Professional Support
Check also that you have a newer firmware installed. Older versions have a bug that recirculation is done to frequently for the „half“ reservoir of a 360. Then the small check filter for meniskus/purge might be filled with ink, blocks and meniscus isn’t working on this ink channel.

Border Press

Does anyone know what the part# of those ink filters are? They keep trying to send me the ink filter that's connected to the ink bag. I keep telling them that's not what it is.

Border Press

Cool I finally have the part thanks alot. Is there anything I should know about replacing it? Do I just turn off the valve? Should I empty the reservoir?

Border Press

Hi I've been able to print white no problem since March. Thank you. But now the white ink will not fire at all. I've replaced the ink filter. The bag is fairly new and full but no ink flows through it. I can hear the pump working but the reservoir does not filled up. Do you think it could be the ink pump or something else?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hi I've been able to print white no problem since March. Thank you. But now the white ink will not fire at all. I've replaced the ink filter. The bag is fairly new and full but no ink flows through it. I can hear the pump working but the reservoir does not filled up. Do you think it could be the ink pump or something else?

Follow the manual to do a filter bleed at the ink cabinet. you will see if the pump is faulty if it bleeds or not.

Border Press

yes thank you I have done that and no the ink does not bleed out. I just wasn't sure if that was a pump issue or something else since I can hear the pump working.