• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OCE Arizona 365 GT recommended material cleaners?

Jeff Carr

From PVC, MDO, PVC & Dibond
Is there a recommended cleaner for material prep?

I'm extremely not new to the sign industry, and have worked on flatbeds.
I am new to this particular printer & production guy says he constantly has fingerprint & streak problems.
Streaks due to peeling the Dibond protective film.

Got any cleaning ideas?

thanks

Bly

Peel the liner off with a cardboard media core - do not stop while you're rolling it off.
Print on the matte side if you have that option.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
100% agree with peeling off in one continuous motion. Any stops and you will get a faint line there during print (lighter colours mainly).
The rolling idea works well as Bly mentions.

Other than that, 99.9% isopropyl alcohol is what we buy by the drum for cleaning absolutely everything. Sometimes water down with distilled water to 70% mix if we need it to be a bit less volatile or soak into adhesives for removal.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Peel the liner off with a cardboard media core - do not stop while you're rolling it off.
Print on the matte side if you have that option.

oh damn i like this idea. i usually just pull it off smoothly, well try to.

100% agree with peeling off in one continuous motion. Any stops and you will get a faint line there during print (lighter colours mainly).
The rolling idea works well as Bly mentions.

Other than that, 99.9% isopropyl alcohol is what we buy by the drum for cleaning absolutely everything. Sometimes water down with distilled water to 70% mix if we need it to be a bit less volatile or soak into adhesives for removal.

100% with isopropyl. finding it hard to get now thouugh

Nate1n22

What ink set are you using? When I ran one of those printers we had KI and had the same issues. No matter what I did you would always see streaks/fingerprints. We changed over to KA ink and the adhesion was a lot better and it covered all fingerprints and streaking