• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 365 white purge

JoeMedia

Hi All! Trying to track down a problem we're having with our Oce Arizona 365GT. It's been a great printer and only 5 years old. The issue we're having is with the white ink. Every morning when we clean and purge the heads, we have to purge the white ink 10 to 15 times to get all of the nozzles firing. I understand the white ink is much thicker than the other colors but this seems quite excessive. Also, when we syringe the white filter, no ink will come out and I get a ton of pressure. We had Canon come out and replace the main ink lines that run the gantry and that's when the problem seemed to start. Had the tech come out again to look and said he found a kink in the new line coming off the white filter and said he fixed it but the issue came back. They hit us for at least $1000 every time they come out so I'm trying to find the issue myself. Tracing the ink line, I can't find any kinks. It obviously seems like there's still white being ink-starved but I don't know where to look next. When you syringe the filter, does ink pull right from the ink bag? Wondering if the issue is between the bag and the filter? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3354.jpg
    IMG_3354.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 132

AlsEU

Take a quick look into the carriage and check, if these missing nozzles are near the ink inlet of the head. If so, it's possible that the ink flowing into the head sediment on the nozzle plate inside creates such blocks of missing nozzles. Try to clean the nozzle plate with pure IPA, maybe it will help. Plain purge is not a solution, as it may push the sediment into nozzles. Remember that if you use IPA on the nozzle plate, before the nozzle test print purge is required, otherwise the test will be worse than before cleaning.

JoeMedia

Take a quick look into the carriage and check, if these missing nozzles are near the ink inlet of the head. If so, it's possible that the ink flowing into the head sediment on the nozzle plate inside creates such blocks of missing nozzles. Try to clean the nozzle plate with pure IPA, maybe it will help. Plain purge is not a solution, as it may push the sediment into nozzles. Remember that if you use IPA on the nozzle plate, before the nozzle test print purge is required, otherwise the test will be worse than before cleaning.

Thanks for the response. I can get all of the nozzels firing after multiple purges but it shouldn't take so many purges to get it going. That's why I believe it's getting ink starved from somewhere prior to the head. When I do an air purge from the filter of every color but white, I get ink to come out. When I air purge on the white, nothing comes out and the syringe is very hard to pull...like it's air locked.

AlsEU

When did you replace the white ink filter (capsule) for the last time? Can you hear the white ink pump? When did you replace the white filters in the carriage (small discs)? Do you see a black powder around the ink pumps?

JoeMedia

When did you replace the white ink filter (capsule) for the last time? Can you hear the white ink pump? When did you replace the white filters in the carriage (small discs)? Do you see a black powder around the ink pumps?
Hi,
Just changed all of the filters a few weeks ago. Where are the ink pumps? I do hear the ink pumps running (white as well). This morning, it took 14 ink purges to get all of the nozzels on the white to fire. Thanks again, really appreciate your input.
Joe

AlsEU

Ink pumps are located in the box located in the middle of the printer (near the main ink filters' box), at the bottom part.