• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 460 GT vs HP FB700

Oce Arizona 460 GT or HP FB700?

• Oce Arizona 460 GT

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • HP FB700

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

PrintItBig

Hi,

We're trying to make a decision on a new flatbed printer and have narrowed it down to these two models.

They're almost the same price give or take a couple of thousand. After the warranty expires, the service contracts are also very similar prices as well.

Oce...

+True flatbed
+Higher print quality
+/-Full time white ink

HP...

+Larger maximum print size (2.5M wide x virtually anything vs 2.2M wide for roll or 1.25M x 2.5M for rigid on the Oce)
+Seems more reliable than the Oce
+Continuos feeding of boards
+Better ink adhesion
+/-Need to "change over" to white ink when needed

We do a mix of different types of work... Large runs, 1 offs, different materials, Foam PVC, Acrylic, Corex, Dibond, Scrim PVC Banner, Roller banner etc etc so I'm not sure if one or the other jumps out as being more suitable for this?

We were pretty much set on the HP but after seeing the Oce the print quality is noticeable better.

From the huge amounts of forum reading I've done I get the impression the HP is a very reliable machine, to the point I would probably feel comfortable taking out an insurance policy rather than HP's expensive service contract. I don't get that impression about the Oce. I'm sure it's not completely unreliable but I think we would need the service contract which adds a considerable cost every year. But the print quality is quite hard to overlook.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks for your help.

wunder

only my opinion :ROFLMAO:

The future service cost is very high at the OCE family ;-)

You run with the FB700 a stable and very easy machine.....For the FB700 alternate inks available aso.
White ink if you need usable....aso

Many features this make the FB700 to a very good choice.

But the Arizona have similarly goods !

Calculate the real future cost and you will see thats the FB700 a better choice.

PrintItBig

only my opinion :ROFLMAO:

The future service cost is very high at the OCE family ;-)

You run with the FB700 a stable and very easy machine.....For the FB700 alternate inks available aso.
White ink if you need usable....aso

Many features this make the FB700 to a very good choice.

But the Arizona have similarly goods !

Calculate the real future cost and you will see thats the FB700 a better choice.

Thanks Wunder. Thats's the direction I think we're heading at the moment. It's just hard to look past the print quality of the Arizona.

Anyone else have an opinion?

I know quite a few people on here have one of these machines. Would be great to hear some more opinions.

arvindrlaxman

Really? No one else?

We purchased the Fuji Acuity advance select 6 months ago.. We'd the same doubts when buying.

The print quality of the Acuity and arizona cannot be matched with any other printers. Go for the acuity or the arizona!

One advantage of getting the Fuji acuity advance over the Arizona is Fuji supplies ink to both oce and acuity.. And Fuji inks work more efficient with the acuity series. Fuji manufactures the ink , so u can counter upon many problems after buying... If u get oce , Canon are the distributors, bound for a few hassles to happen !

jkline

Did you pick the OCE?

Hi,

We're trying to make a decision on a new flatbed printer and have narrowed it down to these two models.

They're almost the same price give or take a couple of thousand. After the warranty expires, the service contracts are also very similar prices as well.

Oce...

+True flatbed
+Higher print quality
+/-Full time white ink

HP...

+Larger maximum print size (2.5M wide x virtually anything vs 2.2M wide for roll or 1.25M x 2.5M for rigid on the Oce)
+Seems more reliable than the Oce
+Continuos feeding of boards
+Better ink adhesion
+/-Need to "change over" to white ink when needed

We do a mix of different types of work... Large runs, 1 offs, different materials, Foam PVC, Acrylic, Corex, Dibond, Scrim PVC Banner, Roller banner etc etc so I'm not sure if one or the other jumps out as being more suitable for this?

We were pretty much set on the HP but after seeing the Oce the print quality is noticeable better.

From the huge amounts of forum reading I've done I get the impression the HP is a very reliable machine, to the point I would probably feel comfortable taking out an insurance policy rather than HP's expensive service contract. I don't get that impression about the Oce. I'm sure it's not completely unreliable but I think we would need the service contract which adds a considerable cost every year. But the print quality is quite hard to overlook.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks for your help.

We are also looking at OCE 460GT or CETQ5. So far I have read great things on both and got great demos of these in actual shops. After weeks of research still couldnt make up my mind until today I got a local horror story on CET, yes it was an isolated incident, but it was bad looking. Anyways what did ya pick OCE? or HP? We ruled out HP as we wnt a tru flat bed. We want to print on acrylic signs and alum signs and print on textured surfaces, we do a lot of faux fisnih work, like weathered wood look, or antiqued look signs.
Thanks.