• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 480 XT issues?

PCG_Dave

Hello Guys,
So we have had our Arizona 480XT for a little over a year and a half now. This printer has been nothing but problems and nigtmares. We were told by Oce to use the IJC-256 ink set, which is more geared towards outdoor signage; in terms of adhesion and such. I recently found out that the "256" ink sets are more prone to banding VS. the IJC-255 ink sets? Every print this machine completes is banded and I actually cannot remember if we ever got a decent print from the bed or the roll-to-roll add-on. We have to print everything on the Quality setting, even though we were told by the Oce Technician that we can print the same file in half the time by using "Production Mode". But even the Quality mode bands quite terribly, so you can imagine what the "Production Mode" prints like. Really at the end of the road with this machine. Can anyone who owns this machine or uses the IJC-256 ink set confirm the crappy print quality or is it just operator error? Its becoming a hassle with time sensitive jobs and not being able to make deadlines because we have to use a slower print mode. Definitely not what this machine was made for..:banghead::banghead:

Your feedback is much appreciated!!

Nate1n22

We have a 360 GT with 256 inks. When the printer was new I was able to run almost everything on Production. Now I run almost everything on Quality Matte. Quality matte takes even longer than quality and makes it look better in my opinion.
I really dislike our Acuity.

chafro

Get a swissqprint,,, is like the accuity but with a very smart software and without the troubles. And it can print way faster! Depends on the configuration.

good luck.

iprint

Are you getting good nozzle checks? Is it print banding or cure banding? How many hours on your lamps? We print production mode all day with no print banding as long as all of our nozzles are firing on our 550XT with 256 inks. The RMO is finicky if you don't have the media loaded perfectly square, but prints great if you do.

PCG_Dave

Are you getting good nozzle checks? Is it print banding or cure banding? How many hours on your lamps? We print production mode all day with no print banding as long as all of our nozzles are firing on our 550XT with 256 inks. The RMO is finicky if you don't have the media loaded perfectly square, but prints great if you do.

Yes. Nozzle Checks appear to be great, never more than 2 nozzles missing from any one printhead. Actually just had the M5 printhead replaced not too long ago. Every morning maintenance is performed. And quite often throughout the day as well. Sometimes i find myself cleaning it multiple times in an 8 hour shift. The banding varies. The yellow printhead will randomly drop out if there is an area with heavy yellow or "Verizon" red coverage. But it mostly appears to be cure banding; especially with white flood fill. We're on our second set of lamps and these babies have ~600 hours on them. Going to be replacing them the start of the new year. Right now we run them at 7 leading and 7 trailing because of their age. The Oce technician that trained us stopped by the other day and said that he had a new set of profiles that will allegedly fix this "banding" issue. Waiting for him to send them over but not holding my breath; this guy seems a little fishy. We just had a job that required 1100 linear feet printed to the RMO with 25% opacity white ink. For the first time in a year, the machine performed flawlessly. Currently working on another nightmare with PETG. Even with the lamps set on 0L 7T the PETG buckles. So far today we have wasted in excess of $400 in materials alone.:omg:

tgrinds

Print the ship print under tools & utilities tab. Compare to the one that was shipped with the machine. This takes the profiles/rip out of the equation. If nozzles are firing fine, then it could be bi-directional alignments. Depends on the type of banding you're getting. Lawn mower effect banding is typically profiles or lamp settings. Have a look at the fine print on the ship print.

DougWestwood

"Ship Print" is misleading

Print the ship print under tools & utilities tab. Compare to the one that was shipped with the machine. This takes the profiles/rip out of the equation. If nozzles are firing fine, then it could be bi-directional alignments. Depends on the type of banding you're getting. Lawn mower effect banding is typically profiles or lamp settings. Have a look at the fine print on the ship print.

Hi There,

We have had bad banding problems here with one of our Fuji Acuity flatbeds.
Ship print looks fine, banding continues is regular jobs.
This is AFTER Fuji tech created a new profile. Bulbs recent, nozzle checks fine,
still having awful stripes across most prints. Seems to be a ink feed problem.
(AFTER Fuji tech replaced ink delivery tubes. Sheesh.)

BTW, machine is currently down, having stopped communicating from the lower motherboard.
We have a second Fuji which is awesome. This one machine is just a lemon.
- Doug Vancouver

tgrinds

Hello,
Ship print isn't really misleading. Actually quite useful if you're looking at it correctly. I know it doesn't show a large area with full ink coverage and/or huge gradients, but as far as head alignments is very important. Can you send me a picture of the banding as there are many types? Does this happen on various types of media? Tried different profiles? What software are you using? Also, when did it start happening? Was it from the install? If not, what changed?

johnnysigns

Hi There,

We have had bad banding problems here with one of our Fuji Acuity flatbeds.
Ship print looks fine, banding continues is regular jobs.
This is AFTER Fuji tech created a new profile. Bulbs recent, nozzle checks fine,
still having awful stripes across most prints. Seems to be a ink feed problem.
(AFTER Fuji tech replaced ink delivery tubes. Sheesh.)

BTW, machine is currently down, having stopped communicating from the lower motherboard.
We have a second Fuji which is awesome. This one machine is just a lemon.
- Doug Vancouver

This must be the one on global garage for sale?