• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 480GT

DerbyCitySignGuy

Looking for some honest opinions from users of the 480GT. Hoping to get some feedback before we jump in with both feet. What kind of issues are we going to run into with it? What do you like about it and what's the worst part about it?
Our main concern is reliability and consistency. Our current flatbed is severely lacking in both of those areas. We routinely run for 14+ hours a day and we can't really afford to be down for a week every four to six weeks.

How easy is it to do double sided prints? Does it have issues with any particular types of media? We mainly use styrene, acrylic, PETG, PVC, foamcore, and corro, so it's pretty important that we're able to print on those.

Thanks, folks!

EugeneZ

in 2013 my friend bought OCE AZ480XT. Comparing with other printers (he owns two OCE AZ350GT and one OCE AZ 360 XT), Arizona 480XT - most problematic.
During this period, he replaced 4 printheads (OEM ink), twice the firewire cable and twice z-motors .

But the biggest problem - it is a complete lack of support from Canon.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
I don't think it is accuracy to label a product just base on one particular instance.. Just like every car company does have a few lemon ones.. In general I think OCE line of printer is very good as they are the most bought in the market (your friend bought 3?). Hardware wise I like the printer for its simple design, open and easy to maintain or fix it yourself if you have the right parts. The service is another story.. original the company is called Symbolic Science and it had been bought by Oce then now Cannon.. The manufacture remains the same but services always changed every time its changes the ownership..
Back to your question.. I think Oce printers fall into the category of quality, fine art and easy to operate. It is not the fastest printer if you want production..but quite reliable. Occasionally we need to change a few print heads or some computer parts issue etc...As you know all the printer manufactures use generic components which is made in...China
Hope this would help

chafro

You should also see the swissqprint Impala or Nyala.

Similar printer but faster, more reliable and prints perfect on all those materials. We love ours.

DravidDavid

I've got a 250GT. It's been most problematic. I would list the problems, but it would be quicker for me to list what hasn't broken. So far, the vacuum pump hasn't broken, the cables haven't broken and the metal tray on top of the vacuum holes hasn't broken. I'm struggling here, I think that's about it.

Attachments

• OCE2.jpg
    OCE2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 79

DerbyCitySignGuy

You should also see the swissqprint Impala or Nyala.

Similar printer but faster, more reliable and prints perfect on all those materials. We love ours.

Do you happen to know what kind of price range they fall into?

How good is the quality? The website says it has nine picoliter drops, I'm just wondering how that compares to a six picoliter printers like the Oce (or even our Rastek).

chafro

When we bought ours I sent the same files to most flatbed printer suppliers in the world. Swissqprint had the best quality of all them without question. The 6 picotoliter of the oce doesn't have the detail the 9 of the swissqprint has. It has to do more with the software that with the drop.

order or quality from my research:

swisswprint
vutek
durst - oce
HP

They go from 300k to 700k. With 400k you get a printer that has double the speed the oce 480 if I remember correctly.

It's just a very well designed printer. go demo it, see it your self.

DerbyCitySignGuy

When we bought ours I sent the same files to most flatbed printer suppliers in the world. Swissqprint had the best quality of all them without question. The 6 picotoliter of the oce doesn't have the detail the 9 of the swissqprint has. It has to do more with the software that with the drop.

order or quality from my research:

swisswprint
vutek
durst - oce
HP

They go from 300k to 700k. With 400k you get a printer that has double the speed the oce 480 if I remember correctly.

It's just a very well designed printer. go demo it, see it your self.

Thanks for the response. I think a $400k printer will be a hard sell around here, but it never hurts to mention it.

Thanks again, folks.