• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Oce Arizona 660XT Ink Heat System Problem

GarethRooney

Hi Guys,

Could do with some help with my Oce Arizona 660XT, have started getting an error stating ink heat system problem, and the temp keeps automatically switching off.

I thought it may be an issue with the coolant fluid pump so have replaced as it didn't seem to be kicking in, this hasn't solved the problem...

Any ideas on anything I can try to see what could be any other problem but the actual ink heating system...??

AlsEU

It may be related to a few problems:
- the thermistor in any of the heads may be switched off (it happens sometimes)
- lack of electric contact in any of the head
- broken one of the two coolant pumps (one supplies coolant to the carriage, the second one circulates the coolant)
- broken coolant temperature sensor
- broken electronic board

Do you have access to the service key? That would help a lot. You can also generate the log from the printer and send me to be viewed (via private message here, if you prefer), sometimes the records from the log describe the problem.
Do you have any temperature value on the screen?

GarethRooney

It may be related to a few problems:
- the thermistor in any of the heads may be switched off (it happens sometimes)
- lack of electric contact in any of the head
- broken one of the two coolant pumps (one supplies coolant to the carriage, the second one circulates the coolant)
- broken coolant temperature sensor
- broken electronic board

Do you have access to the service key? That would help a lot. You can also generate the log from the printer and send me to be viewed (via private message here, if you prefer), sometimes the records from the log describe the problem.
Do you have any temperature value on the screen?

I have an inkling it may be the on in the carriage, seems to be a funny smell from it..... have uploaded the logs at link below.

https://we.tl/t-K3eEQjrHg

AlsEU

Last edited:

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
I would recommend you to check the circuit breakers first of all. it seems like the power supply issue

Attachments

• photo_2020-05-01_11-11-16.jpg
    photo_2020-05-01_11-11-16.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 344

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
I answered your question with a pic and suggestions, but it is on hold being waiting for moderator approval - invisible to normal visitors.
LOL!!!!

AlsEU

On April 28th there was an error 'Ink temperature far below the setpoint'. Almost immediately errors 'Ink heater not heating' appeared with the decreasing value of the temperature. Now the temperature is around 19-20 Celsius degrees (I suppose it's the room temperature).

It's still possible, that any of the parts mentioned before may be broken (coolant circulation pump for example), but it's also possible, that one of the ink heaters is broken/short-circuited. Look in the carriage, at the coolant manifold (long metal block with coolant connectors) you'll find a brown, flat long heater (one under the manifold, the second one at the backside of the manifold). When the printer is switched off, it's possible to disconnect each heater and measure the resistance of it. If any is short-circuited, the resistance will be lower, when it's broken, there may be a break (open circuit).
Replacement of the backside heater is pretty easy - just peel off the heater from the manifold and apply the new one. If the bottom one is broken, the replacement is much more difficult and requires a technician with the service key.

If you are not familiar with the electric works, don't do anything, it may be dangerous. Call support. Anyway verification of the problem is required if there's no visible sign of the problem on the heaters. If you could ask a technician with the service key, he would check the temperatures in each head, in the coolant system and so on.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bly

GarethRooney

Thanks AlsEU my electrician has tested the two heaters and says all seems fine with them so guess it isn't them, maybe have to call an engineer if I can get one given the current situation...

mama_mimaki

Slinging Ink all day everyday
Thanks AlsEU my electrician has tested the two heaters and says all seems fine with them so guess it isn't them, maybe have to call an engineer if I can get one given the current situation...

Hi Gareth,
Did you ever determine what the issue was? I am getting the same problem.

louie

Go to the ink status page and check the coolant pump speed. If it is 0 or below 2000, it could be very well be either the coolant pump or circulation pump which is inside the carriage. I read that you get some burnt smell on the circulation pump, which most likely to be the culprit.