• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce arizona 660xt issue

Hi everyone, we just get installed 2 WEEKS AGO an OCE arizona 660 XT this is one of the fasted a new model from OCE. We have been dealing with a huge spray of ink beside the print head on the bottom of the head carriage this resulting in clogging nozzles and cleaning very often more than normal I guess and waste a huge amount of ink this happen every 15-20 Boards, Oce technician said we are running the machine to high from the media after a calibration and test was made by them, we running 90% corrugated plastic and we put same tick 0.17 coro ( no underlay) , printer still spraying ink we don't know if this is normal clean the platen of the heads every 15-20 boards. if this is the case printer is not that productive at all if you have to clean every other hour and the waste of time and Ink, attached and pick help and advise will be appreciated

Daniel Quiroz / Delivery Signs LLC

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 363

DravidDavid

This happens to our Oce 250GT and has NOTHING to do with running it too high. We run 3mm corflute (actually 3.31mm as per our micrometer) and run the height at 3.32mm.

I don't know what is causing it on ours, but it seems to be almost always yellow. We burn through yellow like no other colour and it is constantly sprayed all over the platten. We also get heavy misdirection and nozzel outages for the same reason and our provider tells me it's "**** maintenance".

I've been swabbing the heads once a week and vaccuming every day and when required regardless of use, as well as all the other stuff on top of that.

Not sure what to do about it, but our provider don't seem to have a resolution for it.

Do you get the same thing when printing on ACM?

EDIT: We also get magenta mixing with yellow too. Even after vacuuming the heads, you can still see magenta in some test prints.

Oce arizona 660 xt issues

thank you! for your concern, we have also the same situation yellow going to fast, I talked today with the technician he told me about the static we have, humidity here is 40% and temperature is 65-75 degrees, same they required, he told me also to clean the board with 10% of water and 90% alcohol 99% pure, he said the static is bouncing the ink back to the platem most like staic issue, we have perfectly grounded the printer, I will keep dealing with the situation until this can be resolved, I will post my result technician coming tomorrow to check

I just talked with a another owner of OCE ARIZONA 660 XT he told me that he have the same problem and Vancouver is working on it to fix the issue from now on we have to be prepared to waste use time and money dealing with the situation not counting the high consumption of ink, I will keep you posted with any information

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
We have Oce 250 here. To reduce the static I use to turn on the humidifier and notice that after a while I will have ink condense underneath the plate. If I print a lot then ink drops will appear and also blocking the printheads. What I did is after a while I just stop and (dry) clean the plate around the heads. You don't need to clean (squirt ink) the head ifself and thus no ink wasted. This work for me so I hope you will find it helpful...
regards
KT

max..a
Hi everyone, we just get installed 2 WEEKS AGO an OCE arizona 660 XT this is one of the fasted a new model from OCE. We have been dealing with a huge spray of ink beside the print head on the bottom of the head carriage this resulting in clogging nozzles and cleaning very often more than normal I guess and waste a huge amount of ink this happen every 15-20 Boards, Oce technician said we are running the machine to high from the media after a calibration and test was made by them, we running 90% corrugated plastic and we put same tick 0.17 coro ( no underlay) , printer still spraying ink we don't know if this is normal clean the platen of the heads every 15-20 boards. if this is the case printer is not that productive at all if you have to clean every other hour and the waste of time and Ink, attached and pick help and advise will be appreciated

Daniel Quiroz / Delivery Signs LLC

Oce arizona 660 xt issues

Hi, I think My Situation is different my printer have a static bar and we have the humidity perfectly controlled the situation is getting very,very ugly, even Oce don't know what to do, we have a new model the 660 XT, this printer have 12 heads very different than the 250gt, we have a Oce technician coming this morning and he was unable to fix the issue, now I have calls back and forward with different levels of managers of Oce to try to resolved the problem, he told me that he will call me today to see what they going to do with my problem, now I'm currently in the wrong boat with my hands tied, wasting time cleaning every two boards, this situation is killing my production, I will keep everybody posted with any news, thank you for your concern

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 230

growler

My first thought is 100% static.

Has the ionizer bar been 100% checked and verified it is activated within the Oce interface, enough power to it, actually running properly, have they replace it to see if it removes the issue? Much easier to replace the bar than it is to replace heads etc!

Do you run the bar in the lower down position?

I run a new 460GT, in a terrible environment for static, my previous machine (Dilli 1606 with no suppression) would have the exact issue you are showing me here. My new Océ runs perfectly in comparison with the bar on the back of the gantry, never get the issues and misting/ink build up o the bottom of the head like I used to.

Oce arizona 660xt manufacture problems

we are using the 258 inks, there is no update on my problem and we still have to clean purge an wipe the heads of our Oce Arizona 660xt every 4 boards, printer is 4 weeks old, this is a serious manufacture problem, we been monitoring the humidity and is fine we have the static bar installed also, we put the same high on the media no overlay, there is other oce 660 owner using 256 ink and they have same problem we have, we have been in communication with Oce tech and they said they working to resolve the issue, however the is no answers and we still dealing with this serious issue

growler

I also run the 258 + W & V so it's not an ink issue.

If you run a print in Highdef mode does the issue still persist?

Reason I ask as HD will slow the printhead down to almost 50% speed, I know this does not fix the issue, but it may well alleviate it to at least let you produce in a more steady stream.

How long does the 660 take to make a pass across the bed (2440) width on production/quality layered speed, the 460 is about 4 seconds left to right etc.

DravidDavid

Oce machines are pretty much all the same, bar the additional heads.

We also have an anti-static bar which has been tested and is working...We still have a major issue. While we don't purge and clean every 10 corflute boards, we purge and clean regardless of whether or not the printer is being used that day and swap the heads with flush once per week unless otherwise necessary.

As posted above, we simply stop the printer when we think the platten might be getting a bit bogged down and wipe the platten down alone without any other cleaning required. It definitely works, but there should be no build-up in the first place. :(

We've just had to put another 2L yellow bag in our Oce. All bags were replaced within 3 days of each other initially. All other bags are either half full or just over half full...Yet we have gone through a bag of yellow and can already see the new one draining like crazy. :( I know most prints have yellow in them, but it can't be THAT MUCH yellow!