• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Oce Arizona 660XT Review

Hi group, after 3 years with an Oce arizona 660xt I want to share a little bit about my experience with Oce Arizona printers, we currently have over 600,000 SF printed and about 5 print head change, print head damage for head crash is very easy operator need a eye and concentration always to void any mistakes, I wish the Oce Arizona could measure the high of the media automatic cheaper and lower quality uv printer have this features this prevent head damages for incorrect size of the media.
Inks: we currently use Nutec Ink, this is a 3rd party ink that my local sign supply vendor recommend we use Original Oce inks for about 2 year, , price is cheap compare to oce only $70 per ltr, colors and adhesion is the same of Oce
print heads are expensive $5000k ech, and you only can buy it from Oce since they calibrate the voltage individual, service from Oce is good and reliable no problem,
machine is fast if all the print heads are 100% and you able to print in production mode, we print 99% of the time in quality mode
service contract is not competitive since they do not offer any discount or warranty on the print heads only no consumable parts , not including travel or labor
printer is stable and rarely is down, overall i think is a good printer any thoughts are welcome please share

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I have a 480xt. same as yours, except only a single row of heads. We print a lot of fine art pieces on glass, and with machines with double rows it can cause density banding.
But the machine is great. Oce support is second to none.
I use Oce inks and no issues. still running original print heads. not sure how much i've printed with it though. haven't checked. Most of my work is done on quality mode as the quality is actually quite good. Fine art can hit slightly more colours and i only use it when need be. We have a custom print mode for glass and i'll go as far as that.

chafro

You aren't able to compensate for dead nozzles? Most printers these days can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You aren't able to compensate for dead nozzles? Most printers these days can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what model you have, missing nozzles dont cause an issue depending on how many print heads. The newer arizonas have double print heads so 2 in 1. I also have double cyan and double magenta so 4 of each in 1 row.
But because you're doing the maintenance yourself, it's up to you to make sure they all fire.
A quality print is only a 4 pass print. production is 3 pass i believe. (i rarely use it) the less the passes, the bigger the ink droplets.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
how old is you printer how many sft? no print head change it you are doing very good maintenance, any place to get print heds?

Going onto it's 3rd year. not sure how many sqft i've done. no where near as you though. I get everything though oce. What do you primarily print?