• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona or Fuji Acuity service & diagnostics?

API

Our machine is still under warranty and we have not had any issues but I like to be proactive and think ahead. I am very hands own and don't like waiting a day or two for technicians. I have asked about obtaining a service key and was told to attend a class and then pay a yearly fee for the key. Not too thrilled about this but..... it is what it is! Does anyone have a extra service key laying around they would like to get rid of?

Last edited:

StarSign

Do you feel that you could do a better job at fixing problems then the tech? Wouldn't you be waiting for parts for a day or two? If we have problems our tech walks us through some troubleshooting and many times the problem is fixed with a phone call. If he does need to make a service call 99% of the time he is here and ready the next day!!! What is the cost of the class and the yearly fee?

API

No, I do not feel that I am better than a tech. But like you said, a lot of problems can be fixed with a simple phone call to a tech. But, to enter the service & diagnostics menu, I need a service key. Like I said before, we have not had any issues yet. Usually if I have to call in a tech, the machine is down the rest of that day, down for my second shift, tech does not arrive till 9-11 and the press is up by early afternoon. I like to be proactive and prepared so that the down time can be cut down to as little as possible. We keep common replacement parts on hand with our other equipment. The money is not a problem. I have talked to Fuji and the price for the class is 5k and then $50 a year for the service key. They also said that we might be able to do the class training on-site but not sure. We left it at we would hammer out the details when we get closer to the end of our warranty.

Deymos1981

much can be repaired without service key, the main time to identify the problem. often with a key service engineers, pogut not understand what the problem is.