• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona Printhead Temperature over 200 celcius

chinaski

Technician came to level my printbed. We'd removed the magnetic table top and he spent the better part of a day tweaking the table and measuring with a dial indicator. I went to print the next day and had two adjacent nozzles out on black that cannot be cleared. Technician came and then found the temperature of the black printhead at around 212 celcius. Also, same with one of the white printheads, although no issues with nozzle clogs there and seems to be printing fine. Says he'll need to replace black printhead and it's a voltage problem.

Anyone ever have this sort of issue? Any recommendations? Seems coincidental given I've had perfect heads for over a year and the moment I get a technician in more problems are created.

I'm running 460xt with 257 inks.
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-23 at 09.52.17.jpeg

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Sounds like a sensor fault. I somehow think that the inks would carbonize or ignite at those temperatures.
Not had an issue like this before, but yes, we've occasionally had new problems occur right after a tech visit, but we've always managed to get them sorted quickly.

AlsEU

It's possible that it's only the slanted flat cable between the head and the board. Or maybe there's lack of contact on the cable. I've seen such high temperatures when was only a small problem with the flat cable - it's worth to try it (maybe the technician check it already?).
It's not possible to have such a temperature in Arizona, it's definitely problem with either the sensor or the electronics.

Last edited:

chinaski

It's possible that it's only the slanted flat cable between the head and the board. Or maybe there's lack of contact on the cable. I've seen such high temperatures when was only a small problem with the flat cable - it's worth to try it (maybe the technician check it already?).
It's not possible to have such a temperature in Arizona, it's definitely problem with either the sensor or the electronics.

Technician opened the printhead and it was pretty worn looking and had to be replaced. Housing interior looked as if it had been stripped. He was thinking it may be from my previous inks (Marabu), which were quite hard on printheads. I'd regularly used flush so maybe that contributed as well. He'd recommended only using isopropyl alcohol from now on.