• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Colorado 1650 error code

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
That is an error code tied to the chiller. One thing to consider is if the room the machine is in is getting cold at night....we've seen customers who get this error code on a Monday morning because they let their shops chill down over the weekend into the 50's. Get the room back to normal working condition and restart the machine and it should come back.

If you keep your facility at a consistent temperature, then listen to see if the fans are running.

Lastly - if you haven't put the "Mod kit" on the chiller (if your 1650 is a bit older it would need this mod kit) then you should get one. They are free and help out in about 50% of the cases related to errors from the chiller. The pisser is the chiller is very expensive ($7k'sh) if the unit is out of warranty.

If you get service from Canon directly make sure you troubleshoot what you can. The direct tech team favors throwing parts at problems more than troubleshooting the issues. If you purchased from a distributor like me, then hopefully they have a good tech who spend some time troubleshooting before just replacing a very expensive chiller as a first response. Feel free to reach out to me directly as I'm in Chicago all the time...I'm not a tech but I'm always happy to help people.

sunhochoi

We just got this message. Room is in a temperature controlled room every day. Were you able to get your machine running?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
We just got this message. Room is in a temperature controlled room every day. Were you able to get your machine running?
Did you put the chiller MOD KIT on your chiller yet? It is free and should help....if not for this issue, for other potential issues. If you used a distributor, they can help you. If you didn't, reach out to Canon and request one. No charge. If you have further issues, feel free to reach out and if I can help, I will.

sunhochoi

Yes apparently the Mod kit is installed. A bit disappointed that the new chiller design change was made on newer 1650's (not ours) which means they know the chiller is an issue for the 1650. More curious to what would trigger this error? We had the inline current limiter blow out on this machine previously but it looks like the replaced parts are in good working order. We restarted and are printing again but just wanted to see if there was something specific we can plan ahead for.

victor bogdanov

Yes apparently the Mod kit is installed. A bit disappointed that the new chiller design change was made on newer 1650's (not ours) which means they know the chiller is an issue for the 1650. More curious to what would trigger this error? We had the inline current limiter blow out on this machine previously but it looks like the replaced parts are in good working order. We restarted and are printing again but just wanted to see if there was something specific we can plan ahead for.
Ask for the newest firmware to be installed, my 2021 Colorado got the latest firmware a few weeks ago and I can see some good changes from the firmware. newest firmware could take care if a lot of issues

victor bogdanov

If you smell something burning and your printer is printing just fine without errors still go ahead and look at the chiller :big laugh:

My chiller had a little incident without any errors. Waiting for new chiller in 2 days hopefully

Took me 30 minutes to find source of smell, didn't think it was the printer because it was running perfectly fine.

20240403_130846.jpg

20240403_130951.jpg