• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Colorado

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Hi guys, it would appear we’re set on getting a Canon/Océ Colorado.

Basically just looking for any do’s and dont’s for it before install. So any end users input would be great.

In before “don’t let them install” lol - I know the reviews thus far haven’t been great on it but it’s not my decision so really just looking for some input so I have an idea about it before it gets installed.

Thanks in advance!

Snydo

No complaints here, almost 4 months since install. It's a very fast printer, much faster than our dual-head epsons. The print quality is very saleable on HQ mode, and still very fast, about 75 minutes for a full roll(54").
We also have many short term jobs which no longer require lamination as you can pretty aggressively squeege the ink with no worries of scratching.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
How’s the maintenance on it? Canon said it should only need it about once a month. Also, does it print right away in the mornings or is it like all the other Océ machines that take about 15 mins to heat up?

Snydo

Maintenance is once a month, takes maybe 10 minutes if your thorough. Initial warm-up in the morning is 7 minutes.....after that it's ready to print all day as fast as you can feed rolls into it.

Jim Lattanzio

No complaints here, almost 4 months since install. It's a very fast printer, much faster than our dual-head epsons. The print quality is very saleable on HQ mode, and still very fast, about 75 minutes for a full roll(54").
We also have many short term jobs which no longer require lamination as you can pretty aggressively squeege the ink with no worries of scratching.
Do you see banding in HQ mode?

Asuma01

The only thing I have heard is that OCE Colorado is terrible for vehicle wraps. The ink chips off the vinyl easily.

Snydo

Do you see banding in HQ mode?
In HQ mode, the printer corrects automatically for any banding. This feature is not available on the high volume speeds.

The only thing I have heard is that OCE Colorado is terrible for vehicle wraps. The ink chips off the vinyl easily.
The Colorado is not ideal at all as a wrap printer, much like any UV machine.
We have produced large flat surface vehicle/equipment graphics and they laid fine, I would recommend knifeless tape for any required trimming however.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Yes it does, I turned them off a couple months ago and am yet to see any banding of any kind in HQ mode.

I know they use a lot less ink, but how often do you have to change them? I.e how much ink does one 50m full roll (full coverage) use generally?

HulkSmash

anyone using a UV printer for vehicles wraps..needs to educate themselves. Also - You should look at the R1000 or 2000 from HP before purchasing.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Just an update on this, we had one installed and are pretty happy with it so far. There’s still a few bugs/teething problems that they’re saying will be fixed with firmware updates but it’s went pretty good so far; happy to answer any questions!

• Agree
Reactions: Bly