• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce/Fuji tech hack?

D3D

Calling this a hack because I am guessing its not part of the normal Oce operating procedure. Is there a way to limit the number of rows used by a multi-row Arizona flatbed? So if you wanted to use 1 row of a 2280 or 2 rows of a 6170 is that even a possibility? If missing nozzles are mapped to other nozzles could you simply starve those unwanted print heads? I know this sounds goofy but there is a reason for the consideration.

Related to this can anyone recommend a talented Canon/Fuji tech that serves the midwest region?

AlsEU

As I know, it's possible to switch off the whole head (one line of the nozzles) - each one is treated as a separate head. It's possible to set the head voltage to 0 (remember to write the proper value of the voltage somewhere to set it back when required) - it won't print anything. But I'm not sure, what happens during the cleaning with such head. And, of course, you have to be prepared that the colour printed will be different than before - it's not an Onset printer, where the nozzle mapping is a standard solution.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D