• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce or Fuji

DoubleDown

Curious for a couple reason, but to those of you out there that have Oce's or Fuji machines (same thing), I am curious to hear what you think about both companies. Meaning, are you glad you went with Oce versus Fuji or vice versa?

miker

OK...just to preface we were in the market for a new machine recently and visited both Oce and Fuji (we are located 10 minutes from each in Chicagoland).

First things first....they are the same machine, and use the same printheads and ink so there is no theoretical difference between the 2 platforms. The only difference would then be price and service (and RIP because Oce prefers you use Onyx and Fuji prefers you use Colgate).

Price is obviously whatever you are able to negotiate, so the difference is up to you. As for service, it would depend on who is in your area and available to you. Again, we did not purchase either machine so I can't say.

As far as print quality and operation goes, the machines were not capable of printing fast enough for our needs. If you are comfortable running in their "quality" mode (which is 8 boards per hour) then it is a great machine. Just about anything we ran in the "production" or faster modes was not acceptable for our clients. Also, because there are only 2 printheads per color if you are missing more than 1 nozzle it is very apparent in the print.

I hope this helps, if you have any more specific questions be sure to ask.

ellsmako

Same machine, same inks, agreed depend who local services, and what type of tech they have.( all are not equal ). fine detail printer with its limitations, ie speed and dark banding in heavy solids, fine lines at times, fragile, ink adhearance.

ellsmako

Sure so does vutek and Agfa etc, I think there are out of the price range for many.
I prefer the heavy metal guys too but a good ROI is a priority. Just do your own ROI since factory ones are usually skewed like a 50 % margin which is laughable.

jwright350

Fuji will work with you more on price I found. Oce makes the machines, but Fuji has a larger support network and makes the ink. Fuji also agreed to color profile and color match all of our other printers for no charge. Thats worth thousands!

That is a great machine, stunning prints and if you need more speed get the Oce 550. Unless you are comparing to a machine with an autoloader I'm not sure you can keep up with its speed when printing 4' X 8' sheets of coro! It takes time to clean, load, flip, unload!

FASTVancouver

Sorry this is a little bit late in the piece but we've found that Fuji adhesion promoter was under half the price of what Oce was selling us... exactly the same product (as Fuji/Sericol manufacture it). Not sure if that's any indication of Ink prices but I wouldn't be surprised at all. Oce (Canada) seems to follow that pricing trend across the board for any consumables.