• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd Color Shift On Hp 360

tomence

When you build your linearization and profile on the RIP for the L260 you should have an option to use CMYK or CMYKcm.

I have been so scared of messing with this printer that I just use whatever I've found works for the jobs and materials I am doing and using that I have not looked into anything else as far as linearization or making custom profile etc because every time i try to do something printer breaks.

dypinc

Made a file to test this. I can replace the color on the RIP to test different colors. At this point I am leaning towards printhead failure. I tested a purple with CMYK and CMYKcm it made no difference so I would lean towards yellow/magenta printhead failure. Both head around 4000ml. I will test again when I replace them. The light gray color deferential shows with CMYKcm but not with CMYK, but the lc/lm head only has around 2000ml through it. Will test again when I change that printhead. Nozzle test prints fine on all printheads so it just might be I need to, in the future print this file to get a better sense of printhead performance.

tylercrum

Not likely. It shows up in CMYKcm mode but not in CMYK mode. I have seen this many times. Defiantly a flaw in the L300 printers be it ink starvation or some other problem.
Except he said previously that it also shows up on his Oce 6170...

CountyDown

I used to notice the same thing on our old HP5000s so it's not a new thing.
Never worked out how to prevent it though.

Hows that 6170?
Sorry for delay. Its a great printer if looked after 100%..It must be used constantly, stoppages cause more problems than we can handle, from blocked nozzles to recleans, best to keep it moving. We hav had many issues with banding, mostly due to bad nozzles. All in all a good printer. but heads are too susceptible to crashes and very expensive to replace. Its time OCE came up with a foolproof, idiotproof technology that scanned the print area for anything higher than the requested print height, instead of relying on people, and measurement input