• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd one, Daihatsu Mini Truck Templates?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Before I go through the trouble of building one, does anyone know where to find a daihatsu mini truck template?

Its for a truck in the attached photo.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 80

showcase 66

But the one I did had full doors on it. And I am not sure if it had those little windows in the back. It's been a few beers ago since I did that one.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Its not done... the truck is in california traveling with my client, and rather than fly to california to build the template I'd rather take whatever I can get.

CheapVehicleWrap

You're asking for "rather take whatever I can get" & "anything". How accurate is that going to be? Obviously you're not doing the carbon install, so we're talking a 3sf print which you're not installing too? You might want to try my way, trust me it'll be cheaper for EVERYONE. Going out on a limb here; but I'm guessing your template is going to look very similar to a rectangle. Please do not over complicate things. My ex wife used to do that.

GypsyGraphics

or maybe more of a quadrilateral...
ya know... with 2 pairs of parallel sides where the pairs of parallel sides are the same length but they are different to the other pair of parallel sides.

i charge more for those?

CheapVehicleWrap

Perhaps an even larger triangle would work if media wasn't a concern. Heck an octagon too. My mind is toast. It's been a fabulous domain acquisition month. Just be quiet you two!

CheapVehicleWrap

wait a sec... "custom printed 3M 1080 carbon fiber".. this invalidates EVERYTHING. My bad. I think you're going to need a template as you initially requested. Mosh, you got one for this thing? Guy's printing on 1080 white carbon fiber.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Bash away, I do template so the client has something to sign off on. If my methods don't match yours then whatever. I'll be doing the installation on this, and yes I'm printing a red gradient pattern on white 1080 and liquid laming it.

I don't understand why everyone here seems to want to post negative things on anyone's post who don't have 1,000's of posts. Some people don't have anything to input so they don't, but when we have situations asking for help we get bashed.

If no one has a lead on a template, I'll just be going to california to measure.

Haakon

I'd appreciate anything. I really only need the hood (The only Graphic

Its not done... the truck is in california traveling with my client, and rather than fly to california to build the template I'd rather take whatever I can get.

Have him put a business card on the hood & snap a picture. Done.

That's one way, or I can use a template and be satisfied...

Bash away, I do template so the client has something to sign off on. If my methods don't match yours then whatever. I'll be doing the installation on this, and yes I'm printing a red gradient pattern on white 1080 and liquid laming it.

I don't understand why everyone here seems to want to post negative things on anyone's post who don't have 1,000's of posts. Some people don't have anything to input so they don't, but when we have situations asking for help we get bashed.

If no one has a lead on a template, I'll just be going to california to measure.

People are actually trying to help, these trucks have a basic rectangle for a "hood" (engine is under the seats). You say you only need this, surely you customer can take a ruler and measure the width and height, instead of you going on a plane in order to do so? This whole issue can be solved with a 5 minute phone call.

If you do a 5 minute search on "Daihatsu Hijet Truck" on google, instead of the 30 second one I did, you will surely find images from all sides in good resolution, enough to do a proper scetch for the client to approve. Enclosed is a pic showing the hood.

You have your own set ways of doing things, that is all up to you. How much do you value your time, and who is picking up the bill for the travel and time spent? If I were a customer and having been charged $500-1000 extra for the designer being flown out to spend 30 seconds measuring my hood I'd be furious. It will look extremely wasteful. And if you are covering this yourself, it is just an utter waste of money. No matter if you have 1 or 10.000 posts on this forum.

So don't over complicate things, take a step back and look at the whole picture :)

Pic of said truck:

Attachments

• 01w.jpg
    01w.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 79