• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd skipping while printing a banner

Cloak

I'm having issues with my Valuejet 1204 where it sort of skips or displaces part of the line in the middle of a print at random intervals.

If you look at the attached page, the red and white are offset, but the blue is perfect all the way from edge to edge.

I don't see any marks where a head strike would be apparent and it is set to high for the 13oz banner material.

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 98

sfr table hockey

If the right side did not skip did the far left side skip? Also did it skip more as it went to the left side like one roller slipped and the other still was feeding?

Can you do an encoder test in your printer? That reads where the print is supposed to be printed.

Cloak

It skipped evenly all the way across... except the blue (the outermost stuff to be printed) didn't get offset or double up on the ink.

Cloak

Hrm, let me go check on the rollers not feeding equally. Although the odd thing is that it happens at random intervals.

Cloak

Nope, displacement is exactly the same on the left and right. Just did another print and it is off in the same place with nothing different or odd about the blue.

sfr table hockey

Nope, displacement is exactly the same on the left and right. Just did another print and it is off in the same place with nothing different or odd about the blue.

When you say in the same place, is it in the exact same place in the print? If you turn you image in the rip program and print just that portion does it do it?

randya

This is a known Flexi issue.

Make sure you are on the latest update.

If you still have issues:
Back up all your files and profiles.
Reset your preferences, reload your file and profiles.

Last edited:

jc1cell

To me it looks as if the rip or the printer didn't read a piece of the information from the file.

The "W" is missing a good chunk of it, while the circles seem to be missing as well. The blue is not as noticeable probably because of the lower contrast between the colors as opposed to the red and white.

Then again...Sig Reading Time!!!

Cloak

I got a suggestion that there was a service pack to Flexi, downloaded that and trying again. The SP notes specifically said that over TCP/IP connections that it was a known issue that it would drop lines of data, which is exactly what is happening. That also makes sense why the solid color blue would match up exactly.

Cloak

I switched it over to USB and that seems to have corrected it. Apparently the newest firmware with my Mutoh and the current version of Flexi still cause that data loss over TCP IP.

Graphics2u

This is a known Flexi issue.

Make sure you are on the latest update.

If you still have issues:
Back up all your files and profiles.
Reset your preferences, reload your file and profiles.
+1

It's definately a Flexi issue. I've had it, Update should fix it.

Ver 8.6 build 1472 does not do that.