• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd substrate request

megacab

I have a request for a substrate that I am having a tough time searching for. I don't even know if it exists, but the customer wants it. What i need is some kind of rigid, fairly thin, printable and contour cuttable on like a flatbed that has like a fabric texture/feel on one or both sides. basically it is for something that can have absolutely no shine, not even in full sun applications. it needs to be somewhat durable. any ideas? i have tried using like a matte lam, both liquid and roll, and no luck. still shiny on things like coro and styrene. I am stuck and need help if anyone has crossed this bridge before. thanks in advance for any help given.

Randy

2B

how rigid are you referring to?
MDO board or 040 aluminum?

1st though is styrene
2nd though foam board
both come in the "matte" finish

10sacer

Print to Phototex and mount to whatever thickness of styrene you want then cut out. Or premount to the styrene and print as one large sheet and then cut out. Either way.

megacab

Nope, you didn't miss anything.... I did. I didn't see rigid. :covereyes:

No biggie Gino. I was googling Dull Nylon like a MOFO yesterday and not coming up with anything:frustrated: thought it was me:ROFLMAO:

for the other questions, i am needing something about as thick as 4mil coro and suitable for exterior use.

megacab

Print to Phototex and mount to whatever thickness of styrene you want then cut out. Or premount to the styrene and print as one large sheet and then cut out. Either way.

that may be how i have to handle it.

thank you sir and thanks to Tammie and 2B for the suggestions also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No biggie Gino. I was googling Dull Nylon like a MOFO yesterday and not coming up with anything:frustrated: thought it was me:ROFLMAO:

for the other questions, i am needing something about as thick as 4mil coro and suitable for exterior use.

You can get nylon banners and they're rather very dull in color/sheen regardless of the color you choose. Some vinyls stick to it and then... there is some specialty vinyl designed just for it, but you need rigid, so forget it.