• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help OEM Challenger Racing Stripes

GrafixOnDemand

Good day, got a call from an Autobody needing a replacement for OEM racing stripes from a 2010 Challenger. Front bumper only. Metallic Silver with red pinstripe.

So far found only full sets.

Anyone know of a place that sells individual pieces, or a solid alternative.

Appreciate any relative insight, Cheers
IMG_0748.jpeg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Good luck. Getting or matching factory stripes can be a real pain.

The only OEM fascia stripes in that style still available from Mopar are the carbon fiber (they use a proprietary pattern, which is why they still offer it). The silver/ red is discontinued, and no longer available. Check with a local dealership, if it's a set that they have individual pieces available for, maybe you can get a part number to search for someone who has one for sale on line (i.e. part number for the fascia in carbon fiber black is 68042868AA, google that number and you'll find tons of those).

Aftermarket stripes you'll find in silver will probably have no red stripes, and the reason they're sold as packages and not replacement pieces is because they most likely won't match the OEM stripes, they're more for full replacements, or to add factory style stripes to a plain Jane. Best advice I can give is get your vinyl color sample books out and see if you can come up with a match for the colors.

GrafixOnDemand

The only OEM fascia stripes in that style still available from Mopar are the carbon fiber (they use a proprietary pattern, which is why they still offer it). The silver/ red is discontinued, and no longer available. Check with a local dealership, if it's a set that they have individual pieces available for, maybe you can get a part number to search for someone who has one for sale on line (i.e. part number for the fascia in carbon fiber black is 68042868AA, google that number and you'll find tons of those).

Aftermarket stripes you'll find in silver will probably have no red stripes, and the reason they're sold as packages and not replacement pieces is because they most likely won't match the OEM stripes, they're more for full replacements, or to add factory style stripes to a plain Jane. Best advice I can give is get your vinyl color sample books out and see if you can come up with a match for the colors.
Really appreciate your insight. And ya, no luck at dealership and I really don’t rust those sets.

I’ve already pulled my mock up template and cut some test pieces. Tricky licky SOB lol.

Found matching (very very close) metallic silver and the red pin.

I’ll cut the silver then carefully butt up the pin before applying a laminate overtop, to join the two pieces…and kinda match the original.

The gaps are well within tolerance, but I have adjusted them on the file already lol

I’ll post how it goes. Install scheduled for Friday morning. For now check out the test.

Attachments

• IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90

GrafixOnDemand

alright boys, how’s she looking? The trained eye will be able to see which side is the test piece :) pretty much good to go. Fine tune the laminate…and golden

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 67

Imakesigns

Good day, got a call from an Autobody needing a replacement for OEM racing stripes from a 2010 Challenger. Front bumper only. Metallic Silver with red pinstripe.

So far found only full sets.

Anyone know of a place that sells individual pieces, or a solid alternative.

Appreciate any relative insight, Cheers
View attachment 172543
Call the company that sells the whole set. They usually sell replacement parts if you need them

DL Signs

alright boys, how’s she looking? The trained eye will be able to see which side is the test piece :) pretty much good to go. Fine tune the laminate…and golden

I grew up in a body shop, used tools as teething toys, even had my own shop for a while. Since the day vinyl striping first hit the scene, it's always been hit or miss to match. Even OEM stripes didn't match once a car was a couple years old, always a touch of fading to the original. Quite often I'd have to replace an entire section or side. That's a really good color match.

gnubler

I had to do this recently, providing replacement striping/cut vinyl for a rear fender that had been in a wreck. At least I had the striping on the opposite side to go by, made up of red, a metallic gunmetal color, and carbon fiber. I didn't even bother searching for an OEM kit. Took a bunch of pictures of the good side to use as a tracing template and just flipped it. Measured the height of each stripe and the distance between them for reference.

GrafixOnDemand

Call the company that sells the whole set. They usually sell replacement parts if you need them

I grew up in a body shop, used tools as teething toys, even had my own shop for a while. Since the day vinyl striping first hit the scene, it's always been hit or miss to match. Even OEM stripes didn't match once a car was a couple years old, always a touch of fading to the original. Quite often I'd have to replace an entire section or side. That's a really good color match.
Thanks boss!

DL Signs

I had to do this recently, providing replacement striping/cut vinyl for a rear fender that had been in a wreck. At least I had the striping on the opposite side to go by, made up of red, a metallic gunmetal color, and carbon fiber. I didn't even bother searching for an OEM kit. Took a bunch of pictures of the good side to use as a tracing template and just flipped it. Measured the height of each stripe and the distance between them for reference.
Good for you!

OEM's are nice, when you can find them, basically because they're the right shape already, but usually you can't. Paying OEM and dealership markup prices is costly, ordering on line, you often don't get the right ones, or OEM. Unless it's a fairly late model or new, they've usually been rolled up in a box on a shelf for so long with pre mask applied that they're almost unusable, if they get ruined when you try to install that hot mess, you go buy another. Dealers will often install their own, or have a shop make/ install them, everything from basic pin striping to full stripe packages, both used and new cars. I bought my first cutter when I had my body shop, and did stripe packages for a few dealerships, they look legit factory until you waste time trying to track down stripes that don't exist when you need a replacement piece. I would have been happy to provide replacements, but they never told anyone that they weren't OEM, or where they came from.

In the end, this is one area where replicating is way less complicated than just buying a ready made:toasting:

GrafixOnDemand

Good for you!

OEM's are nice, when you can find them, basically because they're the right shape already, but usually you can't. Paying OEM and dealership markup prices is costly, ordering on line, you often don't get the right ones, or OEM. Unless it's a fairly late model or new, they've usually been rolled up in a box on a shelf for so long with pre mask applied that they're almost unusable, if they get ruined when you try to install that hot mess, you go buy another. Dealers will often install their own, or have a shop make/ install them, everything from basic pin striping to full stripe packages, both used and new cars. I bought my first cutter when I had my body shop, and did stripe packages for a few dealerships, they look legit factory until you waste time trying to track down stripes that don't exist when you need a replacement piece. I would have been happy to provide replacements, but they never told anyone that they weren't OEM, or where they came from.

In the end, this is one area where replicating is way less complicated than just buying a ready mad

GrafixOnDemand

Here’s the finished product on the car. All in all it’s ok. I’m about 90% happy with it. One stubborn little bubble that I hope disappears within a day or so.
but…the most important is that the client loves it. Thanks for the insight guys

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54