• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OEM Parts Online?

ZXNutt

I am looking for a place to order Genuine OEM parts online. My local dealer is OK, but is expensive, slow and not open past 5. What do you guys use for OEM parts? Manifolds, Caps, Pumps, Dampers, Print Heads, etc.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
OEM parts are just expensive in America. The way it works is Epson manufactures most of the parts for Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh which is the first time they get sold. Then Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh Japan sells the parts again to their American counterparts. Then the American versions of Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh sell the parts again to the dealer who then sells them again to you. That's 3 middlemen by the time it gets to you. By the time the dealer gets their hands on them, the margin is so low that they can't discount the price very much. That's why we sell a mix of OEM and non-OEM parts. Some parts are just better OEM but a lot of the time you can save a lot of money using proven after market parts.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as an after market print head. They all get manufactured at Epson and go out into the world from there. There are no other people manufacturing them and there is absolutely no difference between a Roland, Mimaki and Mutoh head. They are all the same other than how they mount to the machine.

InstantOneMedia

We have purchased Mimaki parts from SolventInkJet.com and have received great service. We also use solventparts.com and they are in Miami. They too carry OEM & generic