• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Off gassing and curling

Micheal

So when using my roland vp540 i have issues using the registration points so I need to cut right after i print, i only use it for labels so its been working ok but unless i roll them up a few hours after I print them the edges curl.

I am wondering if I let if off gas for 24 hours and then cut does this stop that problem completely?

Asking this because im thinking of getting a new printer and im stuck between the HP and EPSON - I like latex for that exact reason but if the epson can do the same with a bit of a wait time then im willing to deal with that.

On another topic does the epson cutter contour cut the stickers individually as well?

Vohaul

if you let it off gass or cure, before cutting it will help ( onger the better.......factors that also play a part are how heavy the ink is (ie dark or light....and of course what kind of vinyl......

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a client who is trying to dump his SO8600 because of the dry times vs. Latex. If you do decide on Epson, let me know and I will put you in touch with them if you wish.

E Coloney

Wondering if your difficulties with registration points is the actual cut line/contour is not where it's placed in the artwork... I have this and have found the specified voltage in the check is off (in error). I looked into adjusting it but the material around the adjustment device is brittle and I'm concerned about causing permanent damage to the cutting function and have opted to let it be. I can move the cut line in my artwork to compensate and have done this with great satisfaction. Are you printing with Eco-Sol ink and the vinyl is reacting to the ink and causing shrinkage? I find if I wait a couple of DAYS and then cut, it reduces the shrinkage/wilting (particularly along a BLACK edge) dramatically.
Will describe how I adjusted placement of the cut contour, if you want it.

Scott at Roland

I hate to use the "it depends" answer, but there are a lot of variables for drying. Media, ink coverage, environment, etc. But we have reviewed tests by some of our media manufacturers and received reports back that the TR2 inks have potentially 6 hour out gassing times.