• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"OFF SCALE" Warning Issue. Need HELP!`

Dennis422

I just printed some fairly large decals that need to be contour cut. the print is 4'x10'. When the cutter comes to the third mark (Third row) it stops and comes back to the beginning.
Then I see the warning that the read is "OFF SCALE" and after that it gives me a code E04017 ARMS MARK SCAN ERROR!

When it did that 3 times, I measured the second print and there is a 3/32" difference between the size in the file and printed size. I thought that Graphtec will compensate some!
I have FC8600-130 and I used HP L25500 to print the decals.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Photo Sep 30, 20 44 58.jpg
    Photo Sep 30, 20 44 58.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • Photo Sep 30, 20 45 02.jpg
    Photo Sep 30, 20 45 02.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,124

CreatedDesigns

I would try to send the cut file only at the actual printed size it should work just fine

I have printed stuff off the forget about cutting it then deleted all the cut files. I just measure the crop marks and figure out the actual printed dimension then just send the cut job again.

Dennis422

As soon as I unlock Cut layers in Illustrator (Using Cutting Master 3 to cut) and make it a bit smaller, the cut file comes in without registration marks when sent to CM3.
So, adjusting it in Illustrator will not work :(
I took it outside the cutter and it seems it is off only by a 1/16"

Dennis422

BTW, just talked to the Grimco tech support. There is no way me to check if it will work until afternoon.
This morning I realized that the "page size" length defaults to 78.72" or something like that in CM3. I always change that to 150" or more for those big prints.
After talking to Grimco, they said that Graphtec had a default page length of 78.7" and that it might help if I go into the the menu at the cutter and increase it there.

Will try later today

Hope this helps someone down the road.

Dennis422

That is what it was. A page length preset in the cutter itself. It was set at 200cm. (2m)
Changed it to 600 cm and not works fine.

Thanks Grimco tech service!!!!

That is what it was. A page length preset in the cutter itself. It was set at 200cm. (2m)
Changed it to 600 cm and not works fine.

Thanks Grimco tech service!!!!

Love Love Love Grimco Tech Support. Great people and they always help me figure out the issue. Even if it means having me call HP or Graphtec Tech Support. They always call back to make sure we resolved the issue. Sometimes they even call other Techs for support for me. Awesome guys. As I read through the thread. This was the first thing that came to mind. As well as maybe it wasn't loaded a little skewed on the plotter. Great they handled it.

SolitaryT

I've never used Grimco's tech support, and I'm in the market sometime in the future to get on board with someone. Nice to see a good story.