• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Offered partnership, need advice.

Fitch

Patent the damn process, sell the damn process, pick up a percentage of residuals.

A very rich man you will be for doing jack $hit.

artbot

...one thing that i can't wrap my head around is with the front office/sales/marketing out of my hands because that is the partner's side... how do i enforce what is a "good" job, or a "proper project", or the right sales doctrine. i can't exactly go fire/replace someone that i don't think reflects my company. i'm really not sure if that person is truly "my" employee to do so. i'm thinking not. on the other hand i'm sure i'd a pretty poor job on the HR side of things anyway so maybe i'm getting ahead of problems that don't yet exist.

in the art business, a job is not just a job. it's like if you went in to business to rebuild old mustangs and your sales staff kept bringing you late model jobs. having the company split between an artglass fab' side and a general graphics install side is a fine enough scenario to protect the brand. but it doesn't seem i could enforce that i'm only going to do so many non studio projects considering i'm standing in the middle of a 15,000 space full of equipment that i didn't pay for. and you can't tell return clients... no we don't want your new order so similar to the order we did for you six months ago, because the "artist" is not feeling it. this could be a deal breaker. if it's all my banana, than i can just be the "soup nazi" version of the art studio. which many artists get to be and are almost expected to be. clients feel lucky that you take the job and keep quiet for fear you will hand their deposit check back. not so in the sign business where they can take the project somewhere else.