• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Offering wrap warranty question

SSG_SIGNS

Our company prints the wrap material for another shop and I get hired as an independent contractor for the install and do the installs on my weekends. Our question is, how should we help the other company with the warranty on the wrap? Just for show I am posting pictures of some I/we have done.

SSG_SIGNS

files didn't load first time

Attachments

• roofing.jpg
    roofing.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 98
  • memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 96

Craig Sjoquist

Questions ... do you choose the vinyl to print on, laminate also and then install so basically they broker the job, design the job, collect payment only.

To me it seems most wraps really start showing there age at 3 years or less and customers do not take care of wraps.
So warranty going to be a tough money loser on your part since you have so little control such as going over surface with customer before wrap is even designed, I would certainly think on this idea and a short time frame.

SSG_SIGNS

We only print on 3M 180cv3 with 8518 laminate, they design we print I install. I have done my best with teaching them what to look for on surface, preparation & last time go over before it leaves their shop.

TintTech

Id say on the installs only do 30/60. Meaning thirty days from install and sixty days from install. If everything looks good then after 60 days there is no more warranty from your side. Most of the installation mess ups will happen during that period of time